When is dating two people at the same time not acceptable?

Which point do you have to commit to just one? Is it acceptable at all? how would you feel if you went on a couple of dates with someone it went well but you knew or found out they were dating another person?

0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• Its not acceptable, because you dont take it serious when dating 2 or more people. You can't really build up a connection, feelings. Dating means to get to know eachother and see if it can become more. If you date another guy, you should say no to the other guy before going to the next step with this one. It could be a blocking you from deciding or from continueing. Also you would compare both guys, and the first thing would be their appearances. And it maybe you choose the more pretty one... but not the better one. And.. Would you like to date a guy, who is dating another girl? No.. cos its unrespectful. I hope i gave you many ideas why its not nice.

0|0
    0|0
    • Everyone has its own will.. but i wouldn't date 2 girls.. cos if i fall in love, it would be a shame to tell the other girl about it. Also i think it would be a kind of cheating, even when both aren't together.. yet... Enjoy the spring ;)

• It is acceptable as long as you have not done anything to mislead either of them into thinking that your relationship is exclusive and your correct them if it becomes obvious that they think you are exclusive.

1|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• Going on dates is different than being exclusive. Going on a single or a couple of dates doesn’t mean you’re automatically boyfriend and girlfriend (or whatever). As soon as that topic comes up, you have to cut off all others. Dating more than one person is more common with internet dating. However, I’d suggest not having sex with more than one person at the same time. Besides the risks of STI’s there’s the complications of pregnancy and not knowing which one is the father... drama, etc.

My husband and I knew we were on dating sites when we started dating. When we became exclusive, we closed all the accounts. He let black book know he wasn’t available and I... didn’t have to worry because it ended 4 years of celibacy. Lol

1|0
    0|0
  • If you met online? I think if you meet online it’s expected that you’re also dating other people. When is it unacceptable, probably when you’re sleeping with one or both or how ever many at the same time. Or you’re leading someone on and making them think they’re the only one. I think that as long as they know about the other, it’s fine

0|0
    0|0
    • We didn’t meet online and I haven’t kissed either so would that make it ok do you think?

• I think that’s fine. You’re dating. You’re getting to other.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 39

• There is a line, there isn't a set point as to when you have to decide but it is there. When you are just meeting people and "trying them out" it is fine to meet and go out with different people but when you've been going out a bit with one and they are developing feelings you've got to pick one or at least be honest and let them know you are dating other people.

1|0
    0|0
  • It's not unacceptable but don't call men cheaters because having two boyfriends is the sane thing. By the way, do you prefer them, or big muscle mass guys?

1|0
    0|0
    • Just normal guys i'm not really into muscle. I'm squeamish when it comes to veins, even hate typing that word, muscly guys usually have them in places i don't like that

• And when they take steroids they're penises shrink

• Do you think dark skin (chocolate colored is unattractive)

• It happens, it's dating i feel like if you got told from the gate it's pretty clear, it's your choice after that

1|0
    0|0
    • Just dom't end up the fool, i had this one girl already dating a guy she was cool but like, she started treating me like her 2nd but when she's with me wants to be all over me and like have me do ish like im her boyfriend, but when dude calls she be saying its her dad lol and once told me ttyl in a text and we barely text cause sge doesn't want dude to see lol but its expected she told me ftom the gate, but im not dealing with that so i dropped her lol i feel bad but my choice

• Show All
    • I'm the one with two but i'm not using either i like them both equally and i'm having trouble deciding where to go or which to choose TBH. If it happened to me past the second date I would be a little hurt so I guess it's crunch time

• Lol damn how is it going juggling two guys? And im not one to get hurt to much im just like... well shit peace, i can't make people choose me, i can't control what goes on in people's mind. I just got to drop them lol

• At some point everybody is choosing the options. It's not a big tragedy if the person you've been on one date is going to a next date the same day. Just don't go out with them, as they call you back. You don't want somebody uncertain, do you?

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't think it's an issue as well as it's known your seeing other people. I think the cut off is when you want more than just casual dating or when a label is set. So when terms like boyfriend and partner get used.

0|0
    0|0
  • Who said you can't date two people at the same time? As you are open and honest, most people are not going to have a problem with it. I have dated knowing she is seeing other guys. She was honest. I respected that.

0|0
    0|0
  • Welcome to the real world these days. Its not uncommon to dating more then one person. Always keep that in the back of your mind. I always ask the person I'm dating is dating others.

0|0
    0|0
  • Its fucking dating not a relationship so you can du what ever you desire...

1|2
    0|0
  • It's just up to your own moral...
    But i'd throw names at you if i wasn't aware of the massive amounts of girls already doing that without any troubles sleeping at nights.

0|0
    0|0
  • At the point you say, 'so do you wanna be exclusive' and you say 'yes' that's the point to stop.

Maybe keep the other party around for some fun as a threesome every so often.

0|0
    0|0
  • When you each independently decide that "Yep! I want to be with THAT person..."

1|0
    0|0
  • it's not acceptable the moment you start dating 2 people at the same time.

1|0
    0|1
  • I'd say after about 3 or 4 dates it should turn exclusive

1|0
    0|0
  • It is acceptable until you date two people at the same time. To my mind.

1|0
    0|0
  • I would be fine with it if it's just dates , I think dating is just getting to know someone and allowing you to weigh your options

1|0
    0|0
  • Date who you like, as long as you're not committed to anyone then it's no one else's business

2|0
    0|0
  • It's not acceptable if you've agreed to be exclusive with a person.

1|0
    0|0
  • When you say you LOVE someone... After that your either a liar or a cheater.

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't have the attention span or time to focus on more than one woman.

1|0
    0|0
  • unless they both know about each other, and want to be in a open/all-inclusive relationship, you should never lead people on like that

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 12

• It's probably not the best idea since you'll get confused and it's just weird and pretty gross because who know what they're doing with that other person, you know? Also, he's probably regurgitating the same crap he said to her and vice versa. I would think it's leading 2 people on.

1|0
    0|0
  • I wouldn't be so bothered at the start however i would definitely hope that after a couple of dates with me they would be looking to make more of a commitment with me

1|0
    0|0
  • So long as you’re honest about it with them from the start it’s fine, once one is mislead or is under the impression it’s more exclusive than it is, without being corrected, that’s when it’s wrong.

0|0
    0|0
  • Once you become excessive, if you're just dating its fine. But once you say, your my boyfriend you can't anymore.

0|0
    0|0
  • When you have expressed your interest in one of them, that’s when things should break off with the other

0|0
    0|0
  • It's like u r eating pie n curry same time. How u will decide who to keep n who to leave.

0|0
    0|0
  • When you become exclusive with someone

1|1
    0|0
  • When two of you are exclusive and official

1|0
    0|0
  • Why would you date 2 persons at the same time?

0|1
    0|0
  • No. Its not acceptable.

0|1
    0|0
  • When you feel something for one of them

0|0
    0|0
  • Hey until someone ends up dead or in prison.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes