What do u think of dating someone based on their looks?

• It's amazing
    Vote A
  • It's okay
    Vote B
  • It's not ok
    Vote C
  • It's stupid
    Vote D
  • Of course I will
    Vote E
  • It's life
    Vote F
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy
Updates:
I don't like how people just date someone because of their looks they can be horrible people and it won't matter to them because this girl guy looks like a super model ehh it pisses me off

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• It’s idiotic. Appearance is temporary and why would you want to spend time with someone you don’t enjoy spending time with? If you don’t have common interests or don’t have interesting conversations, what’s the point? Might as well just hook up.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 31

• Personal preference. If that's what people want then it's their choice.
    For me though, there are far more important qualities then looks

1|0
    0|0
  • If the *only* reason you're dating someone is because of their looks then that 'relationship' isn't long for this world, which is okay for those who are into short flings. However, being honest, I'm not dating some chick who I'm not physically attracted to no matter how amazing her personality might be.

0|0
    0|0
  • Based on ONLY their looks? Shallow, and the relationship probably won't last long.

Otherwise it's completely normal for looks to be a factor in a relationship. I mean most people need to be physically attracted to someone to be happy with them lol

1|0
    0|0
  • If you're with someone because of their looks it should just be hooking up with each other, you could end up with someone really shitty

1|0
    0|0
  • You don't date a girl only because of her looks, but looks are the first step. She has to be attractive enough to get your attention and be worth approaching.

Then either she has personality you like, or she's too obnoxious and you dislike her.

0|1
    0|0
  • SOLELY on their looks? That's bad. People (both men and women) get older, and their looks fade. That's why people need to get to know the other person rather than only be attracted to their physical attributes.

1|0
    0|0
  • Mhm to be fully honest, 80% of relationship have been based on looks and we judge someone by its look and not value him by his personalities and goodness.

That why jerks always get the fun as they have the looks..

But sadly even women most of them have nothing more than look which one day fades without they knowing and then regret.

0|0
    0|0
  • All relationships start with liking the other person's looks. After that, there needs to be more than just a physical attraction if you are looking for it to last

0|0
    0|0
  • Looks play a significant part in dating but if they lack character/personality that relationship will go downhill fast

0|0
    0|0
  • "Thank god there's the [that's life] option so I don't feel like a jerk to my pretty self"

-narcissists of G@G

0|0
    0|0
  • It's normal yes u don't look for looks alone but looks play a part as u have to be attracted to the person it's a core princeable

0|0
    0|0
  • It's life, although that relationship won't last very long!

0|0
    0|0
  • I would only date someone based in their looks, it's what happens once I get to know them that makes the difference

0|0
    0|0
    • To answer your update, how do you know their horrible until you get to know them?
      Based on the above I would still only date someone based on their looks cause that's all I have to go on at the time

• you date them first for their looks then for their personality

0|0
    0|0
  • Most people date because they has a physical attraction.

0|0
    1|0
  • Dating starts with looks, and then remains in long run because of personality.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's normal and healthy cause every animal on this planet dates mostly based on looks

0|0
    0|0
  • Looks are half the story, you still have to relate well with them

0|0
    0|0
  • I dated a model once. She was literally crazy. Never again

0|0
    0|0
  • You would never date someone who you thought was unattractive. Quit being a hypocrite.

0|0
    1|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 13

• I have to look at that person for potentially the rest of my life. I'm not dating someone who is unattractive to me.

0|0
    1|1
    • Your pretty but that's nasty no offence

• Attraction is the sole thing separating a romantic relationship from a friendship, and appearance plays a huge part in attraction. I don't know why people think it's so disgusting.

• What about the romance

• It's based on looks AND personality. Not looks alone. Dating someone with good looks but a horrible personality would obviously suck ass.

Everyone want to date someon who are attractive (according to them) and have a good personality. Keep in mind that beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and everyone has different tastes and preferences.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's not okay to be the main deciding factor, but physical and sexual attraction play a big role in relationships. Sorry about it. (Not really, that's life)

0|0
    0|0
  • To be fair, anyone can date anyone for any reason they prefer. To date someone for their looks is very primal, it's a long explanation but it's basically to ensure good jeans for offsprings.

0|0
    0|0
  • If u're a woman it's dumb. Money matters more. Cause good looks don't feed babies

1|0
    1|0
  • It's life.
    No matter how ridiculous the idea is. That's how life is.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think that's how a lot of people f_ck up. Personality is key.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's hella stupid

1|0
    0|0
  • That's what most people do at first

0|0
    0|0
  • Everyone do that.

0|0
    0|0
  • D...

0|0
    0|0
  • Unfortunately it's life

0|0
    0|0
  • of course there has to be some attraction but that's not something I'd date a guy for. you don't date to show off your partner to the world but to have a great life time companion

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes