Dating advice: Should we all have a double standard about men's bodies?

Okay, so when a woman "expects" a man to be fit and look like an underwear model: Isn't it fair that men "expect" the same out of them.

This is just a huge double standard. I have heard my friends complain various times about how they want a very "hot" guy to date them, but when men say that they want a fit girl, the same friends are offended. Do you think this type of mindset is right?

I believe that we all should stop having insane expectations about other's bodies and focus on health. What do you guys think?

• Yes
  • No

3685

Most Helpful Guys

• Yes, it’s like the double standard when Katy Perry kissed that boy on the “new” American Idol! She kissed him on the lips without his consent. And female went off on that, saying that this kid would be glad to get a kiss from a celebrity and that he enjoyed it. Which he later came back and claimed that he was super uncomfortable. But every female I’ve talked too dismissed it.. but when I flipped it around, they said that it would be sexual harassment..

Unfortunately, double standards is what this society is founded upon. Yes, we should focus more on the health aspect of being fit then actually body shape. But the flip side is, if we are being healthy and doing the things we should do, we would be in those better shape. And not too worry about it. But to answer your question, we all have double standards, but use that same energy when some guy wants a hotter girl then they are... there is always someone hotter and more talented and willing to do more!

• I hadn't heard about the katy pery thing, it's truly heartbreaking. This is just another one of those double standards that affect actual lives. :(

• Yeah, it’s a sad thing that we have double standards.. just people saying you need to follow a rule, but I can be the exception too that rule because I want some to do something else.. you can’t pick and choose what you choose too follow and what you expect others to do or follow! That’s just common sense!

• I think it's acceptable for people want what they want. However, it's silly for them to expect more than they themselves offer. The same system by which they develop their preferences is being used on them. If that offends them, they should consider where they stand.

Most Helpful Girls

• I don't think I need to be attracted to the same body type I have, and there isn't really anything I can do about it either. Attraction is subconscious and I can't consciously change what I like, just because I think it's unfair.

• That's fine. But if you get offended when the guy you liked doesn't prefer your body type then that would be unfair from your end. Everyone has their own choices and preferences of which we shouldn't be judgmental.

• Black guys love phat nice asses doesn't mean every black guy on the planet does

• Warriors_of_Death wtf. We are trying to have a conversation here

• Yea, I'm sick of it. I kid you not I was dating this overweight guy and he was shitting on girls with stretch marks on their boobs (and it made me feel kinda bad bc I have them on my hips from puberty) but I find out he had them on his body just in another place. WTF? How can people be so annoying.

• exactly! Some people expect others to accept all their imperfections but then they're the same people who can't accept others'. (this sounds complicated af, but I hope that you can understand what I mean😅)

• Not saying it’s right but that might be why

• @Iamagoodguy Very true, I'm just mad bc he could have turned to comedy, self deprecation, anything... lol but putting other people down to make yourself feel better. so messed up