Should a TEACHER be seen on a DATING site?

What would you think seeing a teacher of your kid on the dating site? (no sexually offensive or intimate pics)

Do teachers have the right to have a normal life?
Or should they pretend they don't have a sexual life?
Hey everybody :)
Thanks a lot for your responses!

I'm very happy with the result... There were only 3 people out of 100 who didn't like the idea... and one old vulgar prick.

Just to make it clear (as some weren't sure why I even ask this) ...

... and to start with I have an account on a dating site.
But my only worry is that some students could make a fake profile just to talk intimately with me and have a big laugh out of it.

The idea of putting it here was based on my colleagues' opinion..
.. who find it 'not-appropriate' to be seen by students/parents on a dating site.

First, take it into account that we 40+ weren't born in internet times and it was evolving to this stage where the border of privacy moved drastically.
I remember myself being kind of put off by first dating sites, where you could find more deviants and freaks than just people looking for a relationship.
I think it still stays in peoples minds (who don't have the real contact with such a form... as they are married

2884

Most Helpful Guys

• "SHOULD" a teacher be seen on a dating site... well, why "SHOULDN'T" they? I'm being a bit of a literalist here but when you say seeing a teacher of your kid then why are you on the dating site as well when you've got kids at school?

But seriously, if any respectable person is on a dating site (without intimate/sexual pics) and they're not in a relationship then... what's the big deal?

Ofc if they're in a relationship and/or saying "I wanna hook up for fun" then it's a bit more kind of weird - even then, are teachers/police/Drs/politicians etc all very good and upright people? Far from it! But when you're in any kind of public spotlight don't throw your shit around and then be surprised when it hits the fan

• Yes, of course, I see your point.
      But somehow... My generation (parents and teachers themselves... who got married in times when you didn't get internet ;) ... still think that dating sites are evil (perverts, deviants, whores... etc... I'm exaggerating a bit... but you know what I mean)... and seeing you in suspicious 'surroundings' don't put you in a good light.

I was just curious what GaG folks think.

• Yes, I totally get you, some of us in our 40's who didn't have internet a few years ago... are a bit old-fashioned in our thinking at times, aren't we? 🤔 Ofc we're not really, it's just the funny younger generation... 😂😂😂

• Yeah, sure ;)
      Well, there were only 2 responses from the whole here, that's unprofessional... That's what my mates would think.
      But great, at least young people are taking it differently :)

• Teachers are human. If humans can do something, and there's nothing about it that compromises their ability to teach, nobody has any right to tell them they can't. There's nothing wrong with a teacher looking for a date.

Most Helpful Girls

• Its funny you asked this cause a teacher i had was found on a dating site back when i was in high school. I felt weird knowing and seeing he was actually really on there cause he did have a wife

• Ohhh... That's stinky.
      But if he was single, would it make you take him differently... finding he is on dating site.

• Heck yeah they do. They are people just like us, have feelings just like us, and they have all of the same rights that we do. I don’t care if I see one of my teachers on a dating site. Actually, I lied. I would be happy that they were on there (as long as they were actually single. If I knew they were married then I wouldn’t be happy) and putting themselves out there.