I feel like no one is going to like me because I'm not super passionated about something, what can I do?

I try dating and I always hear how people want someone who is super passionated about something and that this is super attractive and all and I just feel really bad. I like reading books and I like hangig out with my friends and I like to look up at real crime stories but that's it.
I feel like I'm super boring. I'm not a instgram model, I look maybe a little over average, I get lot of compiments for my body, because I do work out.

Also I'm not career driven, like I finished school, have a good graduation and working part time right now and searching for a Job, but I'm not career driven like my friends.
I just want to get money to pay my bills and be able to travel, later but I don't have a specific wish or career goal.
I wanted to work for the police department, but I'm small and you have to be a certain size or I know I don't want to study and tried to get a Job in an office but seems like that won't work out and I just don't know what I should try next.

I feel frustrated because I'm not a special person, I can't dance or sing and I don't have a specific hobby and I feel like I'm just so boring who would want to date me?

Also the only stories I can tell to someone are the stories from books, my bullying history, abuse in family as I was a child and just 3 small stuff that happened with my new friends.

What can I do? I tried learning to dance and get a passion for that but I'm really not good, I'm so stiff while "dancing" and I tried to learn to draw but I gave up and I also am really bad at playing insturments. I tried to learn the piano and the gitarre and I failed miserably.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• You don't have to have a passion directly for those kinds of things. Maybe you have something passionate to you that is something more deep like caring for people or something special like that but you shouldn't let it bring you down. You sound great and I don't think it would bother me if we were discussing ourselves and you didn't mention something specific.

1|0
    0|0
    • Thank you, that actually made me feel really a lot better

• Show All
    • No I like that! You can keep talkinh, it's really interesting and I do like the stuff you do

• I'd continue In pms if you don't mind. I'm throwing a lot out there lol

Most Helpful Girl

• Don't change yourself if they don't like you for the way you are they aren't worth it.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 13

• Most people only have a few passions. You sound like you also have several. It is the details that make it sound more interesting. What do you like to read, what books, what gene?
    Focus on the positive not the negative and you will get more attention. Lol I'm passionate about so many things but I never go into them much so I get pretty much the same reaction.

0|0
    0|0
    • Thank you! Lately it's motivaional books or autobiography of people who went through bad stuff like rape or abduction, I'm always sitting there and crying while reading and try to figure out how they're doing now

• Your welcome so then go into them when you want to relate with some one or ask them for more details about the things they like. Poeple will like you regardless of your likes.

• Dating is more about connecting, personality, and chemistry really. In time you will get to know the person for you and they will get to know you.

• Well, you do feel passionate about somethin you just either ain't found it yet, or you don't feel the security in it like you should.. You can learn to dance with consistency and maybe years of gettin some body rhythm.. But, it's fine you don't need to feel passionate about somethin to get a guy to love you.. Don't worry about it too much..

0|0
    0|0
  • you are not ready for a relationship yet but not because of what potential partners may think of you. more because you yourself have not discovered who you are yet but dont worry, it will come to you at some point

0|0
    0|0
    • I'm 22 shoulnd't I at some point already figured that one out? Do you have advice on how I can figure this out?

• Show All
    • thank you! You kinda gave me an idea, know I just have to figure out how that could work out

• well i wish you luck whatever your idea is

• Just love me and treat me like a person n i'll date you, it's not about hobbies or interests or anything, just be a good person and you'll attract the right guys, don't worry about it

1|0
    0|0
  • Just be you then or you can discover new things together with your date. or you can keep practicing and push through until you get good at dancing or drawing or whatever you are interested in

0|0
    0|0
  • You sound great no drama no b's and your know how to be happy with what you've got. I'd say just stick to doing your thing and you'll find someone that will cherish that

0|0
    0|0
  • Being passionate about stuff you like and being passionate about the stuff others like is one way to look at it

0|0
    0|0
  • You seem to sound like me in many ways. I don't hold out a lot of hope for myself... but you've still got plenty of time on your hands...

0|0
    0|0
  • Try to enlarge your communication circle and to find new male friends first. Spend more time with them. It should work

0|0
    0|0
  • Don't think you are not special and no one would want to date you. I am not super passionate about much. Just keep trying stuff to find out if you like new stuff. You are still young on the scale of life. There is a lot out there. The one thing I am passionate about are guns. I love target shooting and hunting. I am a very responsible gun owner. If you have never fired a gun try to find a family member or friend that will take you out shooting at the local gun range. If you don't have family or friends that own a gun go to an indoor range that will let you try shooting. You may have to pay for an instructor to teach you how to handle a gun. Or try cooking I love to cook as well. So hunting and cooking go well together.

0|0
    0|0
  • I advise you not to feel like that

0|0
    0|0
  • Sounds passionate to me

0|0
    0|0

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

Recommended myTakes