What do you look for when you try to find a significant other?

List as many as you want. There is absolutely no limit on what you could say.

1|0

Most Helpful Girls

• I'm really not picky... I can't even say "tall, funny, and handsome" because my current boy is cute af, but I'm half an inch taller, and... he's... not that funny... love him to death, but definitely not gonna win a "comedian of the year" award.

I want someone I "click" with -- someone I can have conversations with about whatever (weird) topic is on my mind; someone who empathizes with me; someone who cares about me; someone who thinks highly of me; someone who I find it hard to argue with because we both compromise in our relationship.

Those qualities are hard to gauge by how "tall, funny, and handsome" someone is though... thus why I'm not shallow in my relationships. :)

2|1
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
  • - Intellectual / loves to learn new things
    - Same humor / being silly / goofy
    - Empathy, patience, someone who is calm (because I'm not haha), down to earth, not afraid to admit he's wrong from time to time / openminded, good at listening
    - Not clingy
    - Not using drugs, no piercings nor tattoos
    - ! Someone who loves cats as much as I do

Generally: someone who makes me a better person

0|2
    0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• In searching for a significant other I'm attracted to women with the following qualities:

1. Attractive looks

2. Great shape

3. Left-wing liberal values

4. Shared interests

5. Humble down-to-earth

6. Trustworthy

7. Good-natured friendly

8. Intelligent

9. Emotionally stable

10. Career-oriented sense of purpose

11. Sexually compatible

12. Offers me new experiences

0|0
    0|0
  • A girl that appreciates and likes punk-rock. Without this we are doomed.

A girl who will speak to me intellectually and cut the bullshit cute girl act. I want to see the real you.

A girl who values her health and respects her body for intrinsic reasons, not extrinsic ones.

A girl who isn’t afraid to be herself, even if this means contradicting social norms and conventions.

A girl with attitude, whether than be bite or kindness. Girls with no personality are the worst. Ya know, the ones that just sit there and giggle and smile awkwardly, yeah, no thanks.

A girl that addresses her problems head-on without avoiding them or putting them off.

A girl that takes responsibility for her self and her actions.

A girl that has perky boobs (I’m just a man after all!).

A girl that is cool with me having hobbies and passions that aren’t her.

A girl I’m sexually compatible with.

A girl that doesn’t want or expect me to kiss her ass.

0|0
    0|0
    • I should clarify that final point. What I mean is a girl that respects and values me and my affection, and does not take it forgranted. But I will not kids your ass, ever, either, but that’s not really the main point in hindsight.

• Show All
    • @Janieyu Not at all. I’d love that. Just don’t pretend to be giggly and cute if that’s not how you are at home. I find women think they should change themselves to appeal to the stereotypical loud mouth guy who treats people like shit, but actually cares about them what they think of him. Like the ESTJ dude.

I don’t like that persona. Therefore, I want to see what you prefer, not what cosmopolitan magazine tells you to prefer.

Introverted girls are perfect because I’m introverted too. Anyone who would be happy to sit in silence cloud gazing would be my ideal partner. Musicians are good too, but only if they’re into pop-punk, punk or metal. Other genres have cultures I cannot relate too nor appreciate.

I’m starting to think I should leave California to go find women more like myself. I am not the majority in California, and it hurts my dating pool.

• i like what you like :p i misundrestood ur perspective at first but i can see exactly what you're talking about, to be honest with you they always tell us woman to be so open and giggly just to please man and that if your not always that expressive no one will actually like us because a woman should be a rainbow and always in a good mood but i am really tired of that and i am an introvert my self, i love sitting in a calm place and just enjoy it and i actually think of nothing when i am with the person i love and tbh that hurts too cuz i want to be expressive, i envy the people who find it easy to just talk and talk talk and giggle and do not care what others think of them. but thank you for your message it opened my eyes so <3 hope u'll find what you're looking for in Cali or nearby ur place :D

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 30

• Someone who is financially stable and won't be dependent on me the entire time. I want them to enjoy my company and relax with me without it being stressful. I'd like him to have a sense of humor but mostly I want him to have patience. I'd like him to at the very least believe in God. He doesn't need to be a Bible thumper but I want a Christian guy. I don't want a cheater and I don't want a guy with baby mama drama.

Also, I'm not sure why, but guys that are still friends with their exes irritate the piss out of me. Probably because men have cheated on me a lot but if he still talks to his exes then we will never be dating.

0|0
    0|0
  • Compatibility, mainly. Do we get along? Do we have similar interests, values, sense of humor, etc? I prefer to be with someone that I would be friends with, even if they weren't my significant other.
    A kind, good-hearted person too. That's what's most important to me.

1|1
    0|0
  • Tall.. Broad shoulder.. Respectful.. Loyal... Husband material.. And i found it!!!

2|0
    0|0
  • 1. Attractive enough
    2. Interesting
    3. Not full of themselves
    4. Mature
    5. Knows what they want to do
    6. Can make decisions

0|1
    0|0
  • That man loves me truly or not, His attitude towards me , my family and my friends, the way that he treats me as his partner

1|0
    0|0
  • Someone that don't like pickles, even though I like them. I want them to be completely opposite from me.

1|0
    1|0
  • Someone I am comfortable with and can be myself around is so important to me!

2|0
    0|0
  • Someone who has a nice personality, who's nice who won't ever cheat on me, have good hygiene and other things.

2|0
    0|0
  • It’s the looks that get my attention to the person but looks are nothing to me if they have a horrible personality. I look for compatibility. I don’t know it’s something I can see within a few hours of talking to a person if I see compatibility with them. Like my current boyfriend I seen a strong compatibility with him we have the same if not very close in sense of humor which was something I noticed very quickly. I seen a shy side to him even though he was really shy with me but I’m awkward person so that was something else that. We have similar personalities and the way we think. We think very a like so it has been easy for both of us to read each other. We have similar interests. I got a very strong feeling about him where I didn’t with anyone and I’ve turned people down because I’ve seen bad traits or not very compatible with them. I study human behavior so it’s something I notice a lot about people without them knowing.

0|0
    0|0
  • A good and intellectual conversationalist, a good sense of humor, tall, kind, and genuine

0|0
    0|0
  • Just someone I’m attracted to physically and most importantly mental

0|0
    0|0
  • If I am physically attracted to him
    If we have a connect, chemistry
    If we share the same values ( no cheating, loyal, committed)

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't go finding... love is something that just happens... you can't force on it...

0|1
    1|1
  • Smart
    Intelligent
    Kind
    Compassionate
    Funny
    Athletic
    Honest
    Slightly weird in a funny way but not to extreme :o

1|0
    0|0
  • The traits I look for in a man are :

Calm/Shy
    Nerdy/Bookworm
    Intelligent
    Loyal
    Possessive (when it comes to me, of course!)
    Obsessive (when it comes to me, of course!)
    Introverted
    Animals lover
    Vegetarian

Physically stronger than me (Obviously, an average male is stronger than an average female).

When it comes to sexual things, I want him to be totally inexperienced (Not even kissed someone) - I desire a virgin.

Probably, this kind of person may seem very hard to find to some people but I want him.

1|0
    1|0
    • Also, he mustn't smoke, mustn't drink, mustn't do drugs (unless he has some illness).

• Show All
    • Not really I like your opinion but I was suggesting that those qualities are great but and also the virgin type made ur opinion perfect but its just a really tough one of opinion

• I meant the person who downvoted me

• 5 qualities I would love to see in a guy (in order of importance): Honest, Attentive, Humble (or Wise), Smart and Goofy. For me this is the perfect mix for a good and attractive personality. For them to get my attention they would have to be handsome to my eyes, I don’t mean generally good looking. I would also make sure that our morals and future prospects are similar or the same, make sure that there’s mutual love and respect to each other’s family and support for each other’s ambitions. Also, they should be extrovert outside but relaxed and comfortable in private (idk why I find that attractive lol). I would love to develop new interests together instead of looking for someone with the same ones.

1|1
    0|0
  • Just opinions, but..
    - Good, soft hair. I want something I can caress. I prefer longer hair on both men and women.
    - A warm smile.
    - Perfect hygiene. I don't want a guy/gal with yellow teeth or oily hair 25/7. Huge turn-off.
    - Tight, passionate hugs.
    - Height is a big factor. I like taller guys because I like feeling as if they could keep me safe; or protect me. I like shorter girls because I like feeling as if I could keep them safe; or protect them.
    - I hate liberals. Sjws or anything like them makes me vomit. Ughh.
    - Not extremely overweight and not extremely underweight.
    - As far as complexions go, I could care less about how your face or body looks. As long as you are healthy and you feel good. If I love you, I love your body.

0|0
    0|0
  • -must like me (might seem obvious, but still very important)
    -smart
    -quick and dry sense of humour
    -attractive to me
    -extrovert

0|0
    0|0
    • Damn, ruling out the introverts just like that. You know lots of INTP’s are smart with quick and dry humor. They cut through societal bullshit like butter.

• @RaijuRainBird not because of a bias towards introverts. It’s just that I’m one myself, and over the years I’ve seen I mesh better with outgoing boys

• Height humor a lot of affection, ambition and faithfulness

0|0
    0|0
  • Good looking, kind, gentle, smart

2|0
    0|0
  • More from Girls

What Guys Said 42

• Everyone has a logical, ideal list of what they want and print it on paper. But in my experience I don't think I've ever analysed a girl by going through a checklist and then concluding that she is the ideal partner. For whatever reason, I'd lay eyes on a girl at school and develop a pathetic crush despite knowing nothing about her. They say men are more logical then females but falling in love with superficial qualitirs does not sound logical to me.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well, because I’ve been through the romantic wash machine more than once, I realize I’m not the best to know who is good for me, if I listen to what girl turns me on in the shortest amount of time, just observing or interacting, if I listen to nature, she is the one. But she isn’t. I’ve proven this hiccup malfunction over and over, so I have learned to listen more and understand why people feel I should pay attention to other things in people

0|0
    0|0
  • The things I look out for in a girl are:
    -Intelligent
    -Ambitious
    -Wants to have kids somewhere down the line
    -A nice sense of style
    -Generally enjoys living a healthy lifestyle

0|1
    0|0
  • Hmm I look for someone caring, athletic, and punctual but I don't really look I just wait for them to come to me. When that happens fate usually sets me up with older women, most of the time online and the younger ones about 13-18 upfront and none of them fit the satisfaction so I just try to build a friendship or let go easy. The women I found was that and other things I never really noticed.

0|0
    0|0
  • She needs to have a pulse. Well not always.. wait what?

1|0
    0|0
    • Necrophiliac. Not judging, but it's a bit weird. But I have always wanted to know what dating a zombie would be like.

• Someone who I was friends with first, someone who is street smart and book smart, someone who stands up for themselves and who has similar interests as me in television, music and hobbies and is good looking and not too skinny...

0|0
    0|0
    • I should also add romantic, funny, kind, generous, down to earth and straight forward...

• Drinks? Smokes? Is she half crazy of what she is hot? Sexually active?

On a serious note. To actually be smart. Not let the opinion of others define who she is. And be at least half the asshole I am.

0|0
    0|0
  • How many times they have listened to creep by radiohead

How many layers of irony they hide under

How long they can hold their breath

Their runecrafting level

0|1
    0|0
  • I'm looking for a genuine woman who is honest and real. I need a woman who values me and stands by my side as we conquer the world together. health and fitness is a must.

2|0
    0|0
  • My mom dad and fucking my whole extend family knows those 'traits'. Everyone except ME knows. That is arrange marriage if you haven't already figured out.
    by the way I'm from india so it's not me it's society.

0|0
    0|0
    • That does help. I was thinking that you have control of who you marry. And then I saw you're from India and that's when I realised that you don't have control of who you marry.

• Show All
    • I better get a mho for this😪😪

• Oh. I didn't understand the whole thing.

• Looks good on face.. okay we can talk, has good attitude, okay let's start less cheap talk... Okay let's talk religion, politics, everything controversial.

0|0
    0|0
  • 1. she should know how to climb a tree
    2. she should know how to break a coconut by hitting her head on it.
    3. She should know how to fart soo loud that she breaks mirror and car windows.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't look for autistics with BPD

We just kind of find each other lol

0|1
    0|0
  • Primarily I look for a vagina.
    blonde hair, blue/green/grey eyes, and over 5' 7" is a super +

0|0
    0|0
  • Someone who's cute, healthy (body and mind) and has no substance based addiction. Honesty is a must.

0|1
    0|0
  • None , can't be bothered to date in 2018 especially in North America 🤗

0|1
    2|0
  • The fact that she likes me and is willing to work it out if it's not perfect. Also curves.

0|1
    0|0
  • I don’t look for a SO because they just hurt in the end

0|0
    0|0
  • Someone who is lewd, amusing, dominant, hot, loyal, honest and compatible with me.

0|0
    0|0
  • Fit, big tits, slim waist, nice round ass, curvy, long hair, clear skin, pretty face, puffy lips, short to average height, no health issues (physical, emotional, or mental), emotionally intelligent, has at least a few brain cells, kind, sweet, caring, affectionate, finds me funny, responsible, easygoing, low maintenance, smells good, sexual, good with kids, levelheaded, not a bitch, not overly sarcastic, honest, loyal, generally a happy person, homebody, gives me my space, doesn't do drugs, isn't an alcoholic, not a breeding ground for STDs, keeps herself neat and tidy, hardworking, doesn't complain much, isn't annoying, not lazy, takes care of herself

0|0
    1|0
  • More from Guys

Recommended myTakes