What do you look for when you try to find a significant other?

List as many as you want. There is absolutely no limit on what you could say.

3244

Most Helpful Girls

• I'm really not picky... I can't even say "tall, funny, and handsome" because my current boy is cute af, but I'm half an inch taller, and... he's... not that funny... love him to death, but definitely not gonna win a "comedian of the year" award.

I want someone I "click" with -- someone I can have conversations with about whatever (weird) topic is on my mind; someone who empathizes with me; someone who cares about me; someone who thinks highly of me; someone who I find it hard to argue with because we both compromise in our relationship.

Those qualities are hard to gauge by how "tall, funny, and handsome" someone is though... thus why I'm not shallow in my relationships. :)

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
  • - Intellectual / loves to learn new things
    - Same humor / being silly / goofy
    - Empathy, patience, someone who is calm (because I'm not haha), down to earth, not afraid to admit he's wrong from time to time / openminded, good at listening
    - Not clingy
    - Not using drugs, no piercings nor tattoos
    - ! Someone who loves cats as much as I do

Generally: someone who makes me a better person

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Guys

• In searching for a significant other I'm attracted to women with the following qualities:

1. Attractive looks

2. Great shape

3. Left-wing liberal values

4. Shared interests

5. Humble down-to-earth

6. Trustworthy

7. Good-natured friendly

8. Intelligent

9. Emotionally stable

10. Career-oriented sense of purpose

11. Sexually compatible

12. Offers me new experiences

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
  • A girl that appreciates and likes punk-rock. Without this we are doomed.

A girl who will speak to me intellectually and cut the bullshit cute girl act. I want to see the real you.

A girl who values her health and respects her body for intrinsic reasons, not extrinsic ones.

A girl who isn’t afraid to be herself, even if this means contradicting social norms and conventions.

A girl with attitude, whether than be bite or kindness. Girls with no personality are the worst. Ya know, the ones that just sit there and giggle and smile awkwardly, yeah, no thanks.

A girl that addresses her problems head-on without avoiding them or putting them off.

A girl that takes responsibility for her self and her actions.

A girl that has perky boobs (I’m just a man after all!).

A girl that is cool with me having hobbies and passions that aren’t her.

A girl I’m sexually compatible with.

A girl that doesn’t want or expect me to kiss her ass.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • I should clarify that final point. What I mean is a girl that respects and values me and my affection, and does not take it forgranted. But I will not kids your ass, ever, either, but that’s not really the main point in hindsight.

• @Janieyu Not at all. I’d love that. Just don’t pretend to be giggly and cute if that’s not how you are at home. I find women think they should change themselves to appeal to the stereotypical loud mouth guy who treats people like shit, but actually cares about them what they think of him. Like the ESTJ dude.

I don’t like that persona. Therefore, I want to see what you prefer, not what cosmopolitan magazine tells you to prefer.

Introverted girls are perfect because I’m introverted too. Anyone who would be happy to sit in silence cloud gazing would be my ideal partner. Musicians are good too, but only if they’re into pop-punk, punk or metal. Other genres have cultures I cannot relate too nor appreciate.

I’m starting to think I should leave California to go find women more like myself. I am not the majority in California, and it hurts my dating pool.

• i like what you like :p i misundrestood ur perspective at first but i can see exactly what you're talking about, to be honest with you they always tell us woman to be so open and giggly just to please man and that if your not always that expressive no one will actually like us because a woman should be a rainbow and always in a good mood but i am really tired of that and i am an introvert my self, i love sitting in a calm place and just enjoy it and i actually think of nothing when i am with the person i love and tbh that hurts too cuz i want to be expressive, i envy the people who find it easy to just talk and talk talk and giggle and do not care what others think of them. but thank you for your message it opened my eyes so <3 hope u'll find what you're looking for in Cali or nearby ur place :D