Should the guy pay the bill on a date?

My opinion is "no". This is an outdated stereotype, when men had better paid jobs. At least in my country (switzerland) girls and guys became equal. The future possibilities at work are kinda the same. Both sides should be ready to (at least try to) pay their shares. Thats equality.
  • Yes
  • No

5672

Most Helpful Girl

• I prefer to pay for our own share of the bill. That way if the date doesn't go too well, and we don't want to meet up again neither of us will feel taken advantage of, and used for a "free meal ticket" We won't feel obligated to see each other again. If a guy paid, and I didn't want to see him again, I'd feel guilty that he paid for my meal.

It's unfair to expect someone else to pay your way on a first date

Even if a guy earned more money than a women, she shouldn't expect him to pay. People should pay their own way and not expect hand outs

If we'd been dating a while , and he insisted on paying, I'd ensure that I paid the next time

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Guy