What is your number one dealbreaker?

You’re dating this amazing person. You start getting closer... and then it comes out. Their skeleton. Their secret. The dealbreaker.

What is that for you?
Updates:
So I suppose I could answer too lol

Being a child molester, for one. I’d kill the mofo.

Not being adult enough to work through your shit and instead running from it. (I very briefly, for like three weeks dated a guy like this. I walked away after I tried and he just acted like we were still in Kindergarten.)

Being a Leafs fan. Or at least it was until I met my current guy. I’m slowly learning to accept it.

0|3

Most Helpful Guys

• Usually it is when a lie comes right out of her lovely mouth with a lovely voice.
    The major would be "Racism & Discrimination".
    People always lie about that. They say they hate racism and discrimination, yet, after a while, boom, something happen, an act or just few words out loud that says the contrary :-(

So all in all, if she lies about something just to make herself look cool enough!!!

thank you for asking this question dear @AnberlinCanucks

0|0
    0|0
  • I would never enter into a relationship with a woman with any of these traits or behaviours:

1. Right-wing / extremist views

2. Religious bigot

3. Racist / sexist / men-heater

4. Alcoholic

5. Poor personal hygiene

6. Obese

7. Gold digger

8. Untrustworthy

9. Hubris

10. Asexual / very low libido

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• After reading your update, I'd have to go with pedophilia being my number 1 dealbreaker too. I've been really into watching crimes and unsolved abductions/mysteries/murders on youtube lately, and the horrible things some of those criminals do to children... it's disgusting and so heartbreaking. I could simply not live with it for one second.
    After that we have all the basics, such as being a murderer or human trafficker, committing fraud or stealing, drug/alcohol abuse, having cheated multiple times in the past etc. Any kind of extreme breaking of the law is an immediate no-no.

0|0
    0|0
  • Lying. Not having a job. When I say lying, I don't mean about what you ate last night. I mean character lies, like parents being dead but really aren't, or having no big problems in life, but in reality about to be arrested for some heinous shit.
    Not having a job is big for me because at this point in my life, I'm not here to support another human just because they don't want to do what they need. That being said, if my SO lost his job I wouldn't just up and leave. I'm more referring to freeloaders who just scrap by.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 135

• Smoking, substance abuse problems, serious financial problems, mental illness, instability in her life, and recent cheating are all up there.

0|0
    0|0
  • Off the too of my head:

1.) They are a far left extremist (i. e. Communist or Progressive)

2.) They trash America

3.) They are polyamorous

4.) They are a raging feminist, which does not include most feminists

5.) They are obsessed with their dogs or other pets

0|0
    1|0
  • Doesn't share my values.

The things that are important to me need to be important to her as well, or else we will have endless disagreements and it would be an unhappy marriage.

1|1
    0|0
  • I think these all stand in the first position :
    1- Getting angry easily
    2- Rudeness
    3- Close mindedness
    4- Not being able to argue like a normal person, just making arguments trash all the time.
    5- Excess stupidity
    6- Cheating is usually a game over for me

1|1
    0|0
  • that she hasn't been depressed, surprising how little empathy you get when your girlfriend doesn't know what you went through and how it still affects you now

1|0
    1|0
  • Pulls out a encyclopedia size list... Not really. My biggest dealbreaker is I guess I don’t really have one. I would hope I wouldn’t ever have to get there and I chose the right one. How about if she’s a mega kyles mom from South Park. I don’t like manly girls like that.

0|0
    0|0
  • If she's possessive. I need to be an independent person. I consider a relationship to be a partnership, you're both part of the same team. I don't go for this, I own you, you own me shit. I'm my own person. And I want her to be her own person too.

0|0
    0|0
  • Other than the minor stuff such as smoking, or what have you; my major dealbreaker would be her morality. What kind of beliefs does she hold? Are they radically different from mine? Can we compromise if such a belief is a minor one? Can I dissuade her from believing in something that is morally and spiritually dangerous? The whole nine yards. Is she pro-life, such as myself?

0|0
    0|0
  • Child abuse is my number one deal-breaker. I loved my ex and thought that I always would, but the day I found out she was abusing our daughter my love just ended right there. I had no use for after that and did not even desire her sexually.

1|0
    0|0
    • Yes thats so realistic and its sadly true it happens. Its not like some body odors crap majority of boys are saying (of course a boy only can think that) , I mean of course body odders might matter but Child abuse is my first and last deal-breaker. Because its unhuman. How can you see your family in their eyes and pretend to be happy the other day when a kid shedded tears and suffered physical pain (emotional too). Its disturbing..

• @cryscrys1

I've read about how the German soldiers in WWII would shoot and starve children (not to mention the whack jobs that made books out of bay skin) and I'm just like, how the f**** do you live with yourself? I mean I'd just stab myself in the stomach and die.

• Small boobs or single 30 year old women. Even you haven’t gotten married by then. You should just buy lots of cats.

0|1
    0|0
  • There's not a lot I wouldn't forgive. However, if I came to a realization that we simply didn't work well together as people I'd not wish to continue in that relationship.

0|0
    0|0
  • If I found out she was only with me for my money or my looks or if she was cheating I'd leave her ass on the side of the road or kick her out of my house right then. I've never cheated on a girl before or dated one just because if looks and/or their success

0|0
    0|0
  • They don't like sex, all of the whole 3 girls I've been with (I'm young that's not my real age I'm super young) like fucking, I've put their pleasure first and went to town with them. But if I've been in a relationship and they don't want sex (which is completely reasonable because I'm only a freshman, assuming they are too) it's a deal breaker. I've been having a lot of sex since age 13 and almost turning 15 I guess I was just early to the practice...

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd say #1 is being a single mother.

A VERY close second is any sort of entitlement: "You're the man, you need to take initiative and ask me out!" etc.

0|0
    0|0
  • No assertion or initiative. I just can't deal with someone who won't take a step forward for themselves. Feels like they got no drive or aspirations and therefor no outlook towards the future.

0|0
    0|0
  • I was getting pretty close with a girl until she laughed at my ignorance for "believing in" evolution. Never spoke to her again. Didn't even finish the conversation, just got up and left.

0|0
    0|0
  • Doesn’t have a Donald trump tattoo above her bush.
    Gotta have a Donald trump tattoo above her bush or the sex won’t be pleasurable.

1|1
    0|0
  • by biggest deal breaker is anyone who is simply not a good person.

1|0
    0|0
  • If she is superficial and judgmental thinks she is better then people "in a snobby way" if she thinks she is flawless and if she doesn't like to receive oral

0|0
    0|0
  • I think if she's lied about her past.

Not something small, that's alright, more something that's a big deal to me.

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 81

• He Smells Bad or threatens to dump me if he doesn't like the way I look

0|0
    0|0
  • Being a man child, which includes any of the follow: no future plans, no life goals or dreams, no back bone to handle life problems with or without illegal substances and/or smoking (cigarettes or weed is still a no, grow up), getting drunk or just being irresponsible in general, manipulative, abusive, and etc.

0|0
    0|1
  • There's no one such thing for me. It could be different from person to person. Mainly, it's when they can't live up to what they promised, when they constantly drop the ball on you, dishonesty, prejudiced, mediocrity/no drive to accomplish anything

0|3
    0|0
  • Besides really obvious things like being mean/abusive to me, hurting people and animals, and being dirty and nasty-having anger issues or being hella negative is SUCH a turnoff. I'm kinda struggling with that with my boyfriend right now bc we just clash on those two traits and basically total opposites.

0|0
    0|0
  • EXTREMELY religious people are kind of a deal breaker.
    I don’t mind a nice ole Christian but my ex was extremely pushy and annoying about it knowing that I’m not religious.
    Also.
    Lack of respect is a dealbreaker.

0|1
    0|0
  • For some men not having sex is a deal breaker as easy like that. A if SEX is so darn important in this world. I mean there are other more improtant things in this world to care about than just the act of sex which is only physical and that is it. For me those men are jsut douches!!!

0|1
    0|1
  • Well, I can weed out most of the really weird & illegal ones but then later on they might not be able to avoid being a slave to something like alcohol, gambling, etc. = deal breakers if I'm to be around that forever

0|0
    0|0
  • Laziness. Because if somebody is truly lazy it pertains to their entire life, not even just physically.. they’re likely to be quitters, have the inability to commit, and don’t help when needed.

0|0
    0|0
    • So men are needed.. Thats news to me

• Show All
    • Damn shortie looking sweet

• I would drop them if they were a bigot, racist or if the were republican. However, I usually screen people well enough ahead of time to avoid those types

0|1
    0|1
  • Smokes
    Hates dogs
    Has cheated in the past
    Won’t go along with at least one of my ferishes
    Bad hygiene
    Doesn’t like PDA

1|1
    0|0
  • He is a murder, kicks puppies for a living, cheats on me, beilives that aliens have probed him twice in two years, drinks to much, and etc

0|0
    0|0
  • @AnberlinCanucks one of any of these three would do it in for me: additction, violence, insecure/emotionally disconnected

0|0
    0|0
  • A guy that thinks it’s okay to insult woman because he’s holding a grudge against her for not giving him what he wants.

0|0
    0|1
  • If a dude's skeleton popped right out I don't know if that's be a deal breaker but I'd be pretty damn concerned.

1|0
    0|0
  • Political beliefs.

Being a follower of the traditional, Abrahamic religions. Big No No for me.

Being any of my ex's :)

0|0
    0|1
  • Anything that goes against human rights and human dignity.

And being a reggae fan.

1|0
    0|0
  • Narcissim. When you are in relationship you are one. But for narcists there is only one priority. Them.

0|1
    0|0
  • THEY are not decent or respectful.. that they merely pretended to be so in the beginning to get the relationship going

0|0
    0|0
  • If they always want to be in the spot light.
    The attention-seeker.

1|0
    0|0
  • If someone is sexist, racist, homophobic or hates someone for their faith or for having no faith basically a person who is hateful

1|1
    0|0
  • More from Girls

Recommended myTakes