Is he not into me? Guys please help?

So I went on a date with a guy when I was visiting my hometown interviewing for a job. It went well and he asked if we could keep talking while I waited to hear back from the job. I got it and we continued to talk for a few weeks as I packed my things and got ready to move back home. It's my first weekend home and he invited me out to his church to hear him play. Afterword he invited me to have a late dinner with his friends, I had to turn it down so I could go home and get ready for my first day, and he told me that it meant the world to him that I came and that he felt he played especially well because of it. He asked if we could go out on Thursday night and I told him yes.

He told me he would "text me when he could" last night because he made it clear he'd be busy packing up his equipment and having dinner with his friends. I told him not to worry about texting me and to just be present and have fun celebrating his night with his friends, told him to text me when he got home and wish me good luck.

well he didn't. And I saw he was pretty active online nearly all night. It's not really like him to not say goodnight to me or to go without responding to a text and I'm left kind of wondering if I'm overthinking it or if he's not as into me as I thought. I guess only time will tell.

01