Overly protective mom on my relationship?

Hi everyone. So I started dating this really nice and good guy about 2 months ago. I didn’t feel an immediate spark with him but over time I felt something. I do like being with him and really like him. BUT my mom is my best friend and I tell her everything. She think I could do better and shouldn’t settle for him. She thinks I should date around and have fun since I’m in college. She regrets not doing that herself. This is the first real relationship I’ve had and she thinks I shouldn’t be settling for it. She settled for her first relationship and got married to my dad. Should I be listening to her? My boyfriend is out of college and working a full time job and wants to settle down and look to the future long term and it kinda freaks me out, mostly because I think of what my mom had said. She thinks I can do better and wait for a doctor or something 🙄 tell me what u guys think, should I listen to her? I just hate that her words are replaying in my head and now I’m doubting my feelings for this really great guy.

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Your mum just want the best for you. Not what is actually best for you, but what she thinks, that is best.

If she's best frend to you, than tell her about him all and introduce him as really good guy.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's your life, you're an adult. She needs to leave your business to you. Sounds like she regrets her college experience and uses that as an excuse to satisfy her fetish to control yours.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes