"I'm not looking for anything serious".. is he telling the truth or is he just not looking for anything serious with ME?

This hasn't just happened to me, but to some of my girl friends too. She'll bring up the "where is this going" conversation and the guy will just tell them that they're not looking for anything serious.

Soooo, just curious... Could that really be the case, or is it just that they're not interested enough in THAT specific girl to take it any further?

13

Most Helpful Girl

• I think your best bet is just to believe him and ask yourself if you’re alright with that. If I’ve been seeing a guy for a little while and he brings up some version of the what are we conversation and I say I’m not looking for anything serious, I still like him but I’m definitely not ready to be in a relationship. If you’ve been seeing him long enough to ask where it’s going, he’s clearly into you. If you’re alright with knowing it’ll likely just be a fling then tell him that, but if you’re not it’s better to cut your losses and find someone who’s on the same page as you. I wouldn’t take it personally

Most Helpful Guy

• It could be that the person specifically isn't into me, or they have many options and don't want to be tied down. I have done the same things, unfortunately.