How to gently turn a guy down?

I went out with a guy last night who’s not from my area but was maybe going to move here if this job came through (it didn’t). He’s very, very nice and I would be perfectly happy to be friend and with him but I’m just not interested in anything else. He kissed me last night and I was already not interested long before that but I thought he was going home today and I wouldn’t have to worry about it anymore so I let it happen. It was honestly terrible. Not only was I not feeling anything romantically for him, it was just the worst kiss I’ve ever had. Like worse than worse.
So now it turns out he’s staying the week and he texted me and I know he wants to meet up again. I hate to ignore him but I don’t want to lead him on any more than I already did. How do I let him down gently and tell him I’m not interested in pursuing anything else?

05

Most Helpful Guy

• When you meet up with him again, if he tries to pursue you in a romantic way like when he kissed you, tell him that you are not romantically interested in him but that you still want to be his friend! If he respects you, he'll back away from any acts of flirting and be friendly towards you. On the other hand, if he continues to invade you with romantic acts, give him a warning that you'll leave if he doesn't stop. If he brings up the night that he kissed you and wants to know why you don't want it a second time, just tell him the truth so this doesn't complicate things later! I can't say this is an easy way to tell him but coming clean is your best chance for him to avoid romantic pursuits on you.