Religion (Respect eachother)?

Please don’t come here to bash any religion or those who have no religion. But do you prefer your partner has the same religion as you? I’ve found those with different religions tend to clash with me while dating. We have different ideas and future plans commonly. But as friends we are great. I’m not opposed to those with different beliefs but I find it’s mora comfortable when we have the same system. Thoughts? And is it shallow to have preference?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm a pretty open minded person so I'm honestly cool with whatever religion, as long as it doesn't affect us. One thing I myself can't do though is wait until after marriage to have sex (it's too big of a commitment for me to go into it without knowing if we're sexually compatible) so if that's a part of someone's beliefs, I think that's a big thing I'd be very transparent about, letting my partner know before anything gets too serious that I won't be able to pursue a long-term relationship with them. That's the only time I can think of though where religion would actually make a difference for me

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Both me and my girlfriend are atheists so we never clash over religious matters

But my EX was christian and we clashed when I would point out she was wrong about her own religion

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• It's not
    It's a lot easier to deal and love someone with the same religion as you
    It cuts down less arguments over nothing
    Also, it helps you to respect each other more as well
    Of course, if you do fall in love with someone from a different religion, you just have to learn to respect their views and create tolerance

1|0
    0|0
  • I wouldn't care as long as said religion doesn't affect me

1|0
    0|0
  • I can be friends with who ever really. But yeah, my partner needs to be non religious as well.

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't see how religion makes a difference in a relationship unless you make it so! My girlfriend and I have two different beliefs, but we support and respect each other's beliefs.

0|0
    0|0
  • Generally, it might be difficult if the person is religious.

0|0
    0|0
  • Doesn't matter

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes