Religion (Respect eachother)?

Please don’t come here to bash any religion or those who have no religion. But do you prefer your partner has the same religion as you? I’ve found those with different religions tend to clash with me while dating. We have different ideas and future plans commonly. But as friends we are great. I’m not opposed to those with different beliefs but I find it’s mora comfortable when we have the same system. Thoughts? And is it shallow to have preference?

35

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm a pretty open minded person so I'm honestly cool with whatever religion, as long as it doesn't affect us. One thing I myself can't do though is wait until after marriage to have sex (it's too big of a commitment for me to go into it without knowing if we're sexually compatible) so if that's a part of someone's beliefs, I think that's a big thing I'd be very transparent about, letting my partner know before anything gets too serious that I won't be able to pursue a long-term relationship with them. That's the only time I can think of though where religion would actually make a difference for me

Most Helpful Guy

• Both me and my girlfriend are atheists so we never clash over religious matters

But my EX was christian and we clashed when I would point out she was wrong about her own religion