Should men expect women to know how to cook?

Or should they cook for themselves?
  • Woman cook
    Vote A
  • Men cook
    Vote B
  • Depending on schedule, we both cook
    Vote C
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I think it's sad how women have turned their backs on cooking. I have literally only met one girl in my generation who knew how to do anything in the kitchen beyond boiling water and putting spaghetti noodles in it. I know plenty of guys who are good cooks though.

Women still expect men to be the providers yet they can't cook. Is it any wonder why men look at today's women as having no value beyond sex and are turning their backs on marriage?

0|0
    3|0

Most Helpful Girl

• All adults should know how to cook, it's a basic skill.

1|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• I’d expect him to know how to cook something (luckily he’s able to cook quite well) but we already agreed that I’d do all of the cooking, baking and cleaning (we’d both be working full-time) on the proviso that he does the dishes (which I don’t mind doing anyway) and he kills the spiders for me then gets rid of them. For him doing that for me, I’d do anything for him! Lol

0|1
    0|0
  • There is no reason an adult shouldn't know how to cook. Learning how to at least cook the basics is a right of passage. All adults should be expected to know how to cook. When I was a kid my Dad did all the cooking during the week because he got home from his job at 2:30 my mom didn't get home till 5:00. Learning how to share responsibilities is how healthy relationships function.

0|0
    0|0
  • If you want a cook hire it I'm a wife I love a man that's solved next where's that closest number for a divorce I'm not catorgised by my gender I" know things" also a man can cram it his head in his ass I cook as I feel like it I clean as its my turn he cooks she cleans and it's a WE on all sides

0|0
    0|1
  • In my opinion, yeah. I'd personally never expect my man to cook, I'm happy to cook for both of us or just him.
    With my current boyfriend I had to cook for him when his parents went on holiday and I liked that.

0|1
    0|0
  • Men shouldn't EXPECT women to do anything. Women and men should talk to each other and figure out what will work them as a couple.

Every adult should know how to cook.

1|0
    0|0
  • I dont think they should really "expect" them to cook per se, i think they should be independent and confident in themselves to be able to do it for themselves.
    That being said, if he wants to cook for me, by all means go ahead. I will do the same.

0|0
    0|0
  • Personally, I expect that everyone should know how to cook. It's a basic life skill, and not difficult. You don't need to be a first rate chef, but just be able to rustle up a basic meal.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think cooking is a basic life skill, and something all adults need to know how to do. You don't have to be a chief, but at least know how to cook pasta, meat, boil an egg etc.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd expect my partner to know how to cook, yes. To some extent at least.
    I wouldn't like the idea of them dying of starvation in the unfortunate event of my passing.

0|0
    0|0
  • Any adult who can take care of themselves should be able to cook.

0|1
    0|1
  • both cook. Whoever cooks doesn't clean in my household.

0|0
    0|0
  • YOU SHOULD BOTH KNOW HOW TO COOK!!!

both women and men love when their SO can cook. If you're worried about any fault you may have, COOK COOK COOK.

0|0
    0|0
  • In Asia, it's usually expected for women to know how to cook.
    But I'll say both men and women must learn how to cook.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not anymore so than men should be expected to cook. Although it would be a bonus for me cuz I'm a terrible cook.

0|0
    0|0
  • I expect both myself and her to be able to cook. So I know she doednt starve to death if I'm gone. Like common' it's a basic human skill

0|0
    0|0
  • I expect everyone to know how to cook, I think it's a basic life skill.

1|0
    0|0
  • If a guy ever expects you to cook, you’re allowed to expect him to pay everything for you.

0|0
    0|0
  • Expectations... only expectations I have is sex everything else I can myself

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes, if a woman can't cook then she's probably lacking other vital life skills.

0|1
    1|0
  • I expect her to know how to cook cuz its basic human manner, actually i think should know how to cook.

0|0
    0|0
  • I like to cook because I know my diet. If I get a woman/man (I'm bi) that likes to cook, he/she can cook for themselves. I'll cook for me.

0|0
    0|0
  • You should expect that most girls won't know how to.

0|0
    0|0
  • It is ok if you wants me to cook. But I do not want him expect it. I hope you understand!

0|0
    1|0
  • Cause you get tired of the same old cook it's nice to have seone cook for you

0|0
    0|0
  • Any adult should know how to cook.

0|2
    0|0
  • If he is a man, then he should know how to cook.

0|1
    0|0
  • Whoever has a job.

0|0
    0|0
  • Everyone should know how to cook.

0|0
    0|0
  • I expect everyone to know how to cook

1|0
    0|0
  • I can cook but my boyfriend is way better than me

1|0
    0|0
  • I’d expect her to let me do all the cooking

1|0
    0|0
  • Both

0|0
    0|0
  • C...

0|0
    0|0
  • Fend for yourself

0|0
    0|0
  • Both should be able to cook

0|0
    0|0
  • It is not a good or bad thing.

0|0
    0|0
  • Everyone should know how to cook.

0|0
    0|0
  • You think ima feed her like a child every day?

0|0
    0|0
  • Maybe

0|1
    0|0
  • She should know how to cook

1|0
    0|0
  • Scheduling. Being an adult is what matters.

0|0
    0|0
  • Woman cook

0|0
    1|0
  • Both should do it

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes