Is it worth it to keep talking to someone if you know it won’t lead to a relationship?

I met this guy about a week ago and we’ve been talking nonstop. We’ve just really clicked and I’ve had more meaningful conversations with him than I have with half my friends. However, he’s a senior in college and is going to be graduating and moving to another state in two months. This means that there’s no way this will lead to a relationship. Should I keep talking to him? I’ve tremendously enjoyed the conversations we’ve had but I’ve grown to like him really fast and don’t want to just end up hurt when he leaves. So basically, is it worth it to hang out with someone and just enjoy the time you have now or is it better to stop sooner and not get hurt since I already know he’s leaving?

• Keep talking to him
  • Stop talking to him
  • Still talk to him, but less
    Vote C
  • Other (please explain!)
    Vote D

3568

Most Helpful Guy

• If it's making you happy then keep doing it. Even if it's only a few months it's worth it.
    And who knows, the world is a strange place, maybe it will be something more. I'm sure it wouldn't be impossible to do a long distance thing if it's what you both wanted, or maybe later in life your paths will cross again.

Most Helpful Girl

• I was in this exact spot about two years ago. I clicked with this guy but knew after a year he was going to leave. I chose to still keep him in my life because he was cool and we got on really well. But I was reserved about my feelings because I knew that he was leaving in a moments notice and that would just leave me missing him if I got emotionally attached.

Turns out he ended up liking me back and saw me more than just a friend too but we couldn't act on it because he was leaving. We still keep in touch every now and then.