She treats me like a prince, should I break up with her?

So I've been dating this girl for almost a year and we've never had a fight. She has been nothing but good to me. At first I loved her for her goodness and niceness but now I just dont feel crazy about her. What do I do? Her heart will shatter if I break up with her and I know she doesn't deserve to be trampled on. She's everything I want; a good, caring, chilvarous, 'I'll do anything for you' kind of girl. But I don't love her like that. But I want to love her but I can't. What should I do?
  • Dump her. She needs to realize that guys need to have their emotions toyed with otherwise we get bored
    Vote A
  • If she doesn't hurt you emotionally from time to time, is she really your girl?
    Vote B
  • Get rid of her and date a badass girl who you know there's no future with
    Vote C
  • It logically follows that she's not the one even though you said she's everything you're looking for
    Vote D
  • Ffs, stop being so nonsensical!
    Vote E
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|1

Most Helpful Girl

• Lol this is pretty obviously a twist on what many girls post

0|1
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Guy

• Dump her. She needs to realize that guys need to have their emotions toyed with otherwise we get bored. Men need excitement and drama. If she doesn't hurt you emotionally from time to time, is she really your girl? I say get rid of her and date a badass girl who you know there's no future with.

4|6
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 10

• Well, yes her personality and looks may be what you've always wanted, but it could be the way she brings it, like if you don't love her anymore tell her nicely, and just try to explain that, it's not either of yalls fault that you don't love her like you used to, it's just the way the heart works...

0|1
    0|0
    • So you can relate?

• Show All
    • Why is that funny?

• This whole post is basically a duplicate of one a girl posted a few hours ago. I'm trying to make the point that girls make no sense when it comes to dating and that guys never behave in this way. You're proving me right lol

• It logically follows that she's not the one even though you said she's everything you're looking for.

0|2
    1|0
    • Correct!

Though answers A - C would also have been acceptable.

• Show All
    • No doubt there’s several girls who actually do that shit though

• Yep, so this post goes out to them lol

• So what exactly is the problem? You don't love her yet you just explained that she's a great girl. If you don't love her then break up with her so she doesn't waste more years with a man who locked his heart away. She deserves to be loved dont deprive her of that.

1|2
    0|0
  • Sounds like you have not matured and don't know the value of a good thing when you see it... aaaand this is how nice girls get messed up and become not nice girls.

Chemistry is a trick in your brain. It's not meant to last. On average it wears off by the 2 yr mark. 80% of people report that it's gone by the 5 year mark. Relationships are not about the hormones in your head that make you want to have sex or make you loopy like opiates. They are about partnerships, commitment, and friendships.

If you run around chasing those hormones, then you will never find what you think you're looking for. It's a fool's errand. It's also why so many men end up old and alone.

1|3
    0|0
  • If you’re not attracted to her why date her?
    I know it’s gonna be hard to break the news to her but you have to be honest

0|3
    0|0
  • I dont think she's the one you wanna be with really because if she is then you shoudnt be asking this

0|2
    0|0
  • Dump her. She needs to realize that guys need to have their emotions toyed with otherwise we get bored

I actually read that in a book! I hate to say it but it's true. Even with girls who have a man who does everything for them. They get taken for granted but later you're gonna miss her man so do what you feel and let her find someone who'll appreciate her.

See that's why I'm done with dating for a while. A sweet nice girl like myself always ended up with guys who got bored of me. I can't help that I'm a kind caring person but I can help who I end up being kind to. Sometimes I wish I was more of a b! tech but I can't be for long before I start to feel bad.

Oh but trust and believe hot n cold works for a while... then the headaches make you wish they were consistently nice.

0|1
    0|1
    • Oh really? What book?

I actually don't even have a girlfriend lol. I copied this post from a girl actually, who was talking about her boyfriend instead. I normally hear about this sorta stuff from girls, not guys, so I made this post to try and make it obvious that that's how girls are (stereotypically).

Aw, don't give up! I happen to love girls who are sweet and kind all the time. I don't think I'd ever get bored of that! Guys who take you for granted are idiots.

• Lol well same applies for a girl!

The book was "Why men love B! tches"

• You are the guys that make girls yell "Fuckboyyyy". But, shit happens, and you're allowed to feel a certain way. You probably just don't feel the chemistry anymore, and that is OK.

Seriously, you have everything you could ever want right in front of you, yet you don't want it. It doesn't quite make sense. Ask yourself... what is she missing? If she had _________ (characteristic), she would be my dream woman.

If I were you, and I have been in this situation, I would just tell them the truth because its what they deserve, which is and I quote, "This isn't working out, anymore." Explain to her that you have been feeling some type of way, and that instead of you keeping her there and leading her on, you would rather break up with her so that she can move on.

0|2
    0|0
    • The last thing that you want to do is stay in a relationship because you don't want to heart her feelings. You're going to be miserable, and most likely do something you aren't proud of. And that will hurt her more than you breaking up with her.

• I really hate guys like you
    Some guys just need a bitch to treat them like rubbish so they love her but she actually treats you good and you said she is everything you need but you still wanna break her heart.. why did you even start something you're not sure of?

3|2
    0|1
    • Yo relax, this is a duplicate post of another girl that I copied to basically prove the point that you're making. The link to the question is below:

I don't feel the spark for my boyfriend even though he's a good person? ↗

• Show All
    • Your initial comment automatically sounded ridiculous. I'm always clear on what I say so to answer your most recent question yes I do hear myself. I'm actually curious how many guys out there do YOU know that want and actively look for what you described in a woman? He started this confused as to WHY he wasn't in love with this "perfect ideal female" you kinda jumped in enraged by the post and just spoke your mind. I've legitimately NEVER ran into any man that didn't leave a relationship with a controlling girlfriend (yes I do acknowledge that you said some) this notion just sounds crazy to me

• Well as you said i spoke MY OWN MIND on this and it was my comment and what i think and i never asked you to comment on my comment did i? And as you said i did say some didn't say 100% and i know some guys who are with a controlling girl and they still like it while when guys have a nice kind girl they dump her ass that's what i know and have see in front of me so i'm not just talking anything

• This happened to me. My boyfriend loved me but then after two years he said that he didn't love me like.. THAT. He cared about me but didn't love me where he knew I was the One. I was crushed. But when I told him it's over then, he told me he wasn't ready for it to be over. He wanted to keep trying. It's been two years later and he says he loves me. He has never wanted to be with another while we have been dating that I know of. He's never flirted or cheated so I don't know maybe he really did love me? Maybe he's just with me in the mean time while he finds "The one". I'd rather have him just dump me and get it over with instead of wasting my time:/

2|1
    0|0
    • Oh, and here I was thinking only girls behave this way. I'm really sorry he hurt you like that. But it's encouraging to know he never chased after anyone else. He probably does still love you, as I don't think he'd have stuck around this long if he didn't :)

• Show All
    • Stop wasting time with this guy unless your ambition is to be 35 and unmarried and childless. Then keep doing what you are doing and it will happen.

• @slatyb Damn you are right lol I'm about to hit that peak and then he's going to dump me and i'ma be left with no single guys my age! this actually what happened to my bro lol he wasted his time with a girl who was not worth it and now he can't find any women who doesn't have children lol

What Guys Said 24

• Am I being punked here with these options? LOL Come on man.. if you don't love her than break up with her... sometimes the feelings just aren't there. Has nothing to do with toying with your feelings LMAO.

1|1
    0|0
    • Ahaha your punked senses may be onto something 😉

• If she is loyal and treats you like a prince, you stay with her. What you are experiencing is what happens in all relationships. Relationships are different because of the people involved but relationships all go through the same stages. Honey moon is over bro you've got a decision to make. In it for the long haul or break it off before it gets too serious. It's trash being single unless you just want to bang skanks. If you like being in relationships then I think the answer is obvious

0|1
    0|0
  • These girls are really rare. Do not give up on her so easily.

> But I don't love her like that. But I want to love her but I can't.

What does that even mean? Are you sexually attracted to her? Are you attracted to her in any other way?

1|1
    0|0
    • Nah, this whole post is to point out how nonsensical girls are when it comes to dating. I basically copied the exact words (more or less) of a girl who posted a similar question a few hours ago. But you're right that it doesn't make sense.

• I have Aspergers but even I spotted this one lol. How can these other people be so clueless?

It is amazing how women will behave that way though. You can give them everything they want but it will only make a lot of them bored.

Although maybe I should be the one to talk since I am a submissive who likes dominant, badass women xD But I would never be with one that genuinely treated me like shit.

1|1
    1|0
    • *shouldn't

• Show All
    • Thanks, and ah.. so you like pampering nice women I see.

If you can find one that reciprocates then you will have found quite a date! Let's hope we both find what we are looking for.

• Yeah man, let's hope so! :)

• If you aren't feeling it for her, then you have to break up with her. She will be sad but the longer you wait the worse it will be for her. Don't waste any more of her precious time. She'll get over you.

0|1
    0|0
    • Before you break up with her, think carefully about what you really want and why she's not doing it for you. Maybe you are expecting too much. No one can be everything. A loving partner who meets your sexual needs is a pretty special find.

• Thanks

• I think you hit a point I like to call a "perfect backfire" you've met your ideal girl that I'll assume meets all your standards (as I like to define this) but this isn't what you actually wanted as much as we dont want to admit it we as people need some form of dysfunction perfection just doesn't cut it in this sense for whatever reason we crave arguments (just not explosive ones) they dont have to be life changing or status altering simply perfection is just boring

1|1
    0|0
    • Lol, you kinda sound like a woman (and I don't mean that to offend you).

• Lol none taken I'm actually very difficult to offend lol

• F: Become a /r9k/it King incel and eventually drive a van into a crowd.

1|1
    0|0
    • Are we talking vehicular jihad here?

• Show All
    • Well, he actually was so sad that he couldn't find a girlfriend that it drove him to kill many others, much akin to the more well known Elliott Rodgers.

• Ah, so it's legit. Yeah I can see why you mentioned it now as it's quite relatable to my post

• Dump her we dont want girls like that. Yack how could you stand out with her? Amazing... I feel sorry for you

0|3
    0|0
    • Even I'm in sheer disbelief that I put up with her kindness for this long. Shame on me :/

• Show All
    • You are a wise friend. Thank you

• You're welcome

• The honeymoon phase ended. This is where it becomes a choice to still love her. If she’s committed to you and you know she’s good for you, choose to stick wit her. Keep the relationship going by doing different things.

0|1
    0|0
  • Dude... r u for real? If i found a gal like her i would treat her more like a goddess. Dont be an asshole. They dont make gals like her anymore.

0|1
    1|0
  • Whew, I was about to say ''This looks like something a woman would ask, you a bitch boy for that''

But then I saw comments :D :D

0|1
    0|0
  • There is no logic in your words, and if you dump her you'll the biggest asshole in the world

1|1
    0|0
  • When you've dated someone for a long time, it's normal that those wild emotions you both had when you first started out will die down. Flames can't burn on forever. Usually at this point though, people will mistake this lack of constant passion as a sign that it's time to move on.

What's actually happened is that you've both become so close and comfortable that you've moved on to the next stage in a relationship. Now, being with each other is so natural that there doesn't need to be constant over-the-top passion, you just know that the other person is there for you.

So before you do anything drastic, I'd say really look into yourself and your relationship with this person. Try to REALLY find out what, if anything, is missing.

If it's really because that spark died down, then it might be a sign that you're both ready to move on to the next stage of your relationship (whatever that may be for you guys).

1|1
    0|0
  • Dude wake up! You're dreaming..

0|1
    0|0
  • Somethings there, otherwise you wouldn’t say some things vs other things. The issue is the difference in feelings you both share, if I took a guess things kinda happened rapidly and an everyday sort of thing. Possibility learned everything about each other and left no mystery, you know everything about her and there’s no surprise or anything special popping out randomly that hits the heart. She gave all she had too quick, while you didn’t put as much effort in it; due to reasons or whatever. I’d recommend some distance hang with other people and do things on your own for a bit to see how you feel away from her. If you don’t miss her, end it. Don’t lead her on longer thinking everything is great. And in the end talk to her about it, don’t just say “hey, we should break up” and walk away. Give her some effort as to why.

0|1
    0|0
    • Honestly man, I appreciate the well thought out response which others have similarly given, but I wasn't expecting so many people to not realize the intention of this post. It's actually a duplicate of one a girl posted originally which I copied in order to draw out what seems to be a common pattern of behavior that girls display in relationships, namely that they get bored or fall out of love with the good guy who treats them well but cling on to the asshole who gives them an emotional roller-coaster instead. I honestly thought the poll choices would have made that obvious to everyone but maybe not (though a few knew it). I don't even have a girlfriend to begin with 😅

• Dump her and start fucking some aids infested street junkie who treats you like shit... dumb ass

1|1
    0|0
  • Be like the Quote "Prince" In the movie "300" and be Defeated lol

0|1
    0|0
  • She'll be a great mother. Stop thinking about how you feel about her. Nobody has that feeling for someone forever.
    Move to your life's next level.
    Love comes in the long run.

1|1
    0|0
  • Dude try playful arguing a little bit. But I have only ever missed those kind of girlfriend severely, even MORE when im with one that gives no fucks about me.

0|1
    0|0
  • If she treats you like a prince, she must be one of those annoying princess girls. If I was you, break up with her. However, it's up to you to decide.

0|1
    0|0
  • More from Guys

Recommended myTakes