Would you date a guy that doesn't drink?

I quit drinking a year and 4 months ago. I'm 24. The biggest surprise was the way women respond to it. No matter how many dates we went on or how well things are going, 100% of them stop talking to me the moment I tell them I don't drink (sometimes literally that moment). Every single time. I keep it to myself until it comes up in conversation, I refuse to lie about it. I don't have a problem being around it nor do I judge, and I make that clear.

Why tho?

be brutally honest. I'll answer any questions. I don't really get offended and like I said, I don't judge. I just really want to understand

32

Most Helpful Girl

• Because I can't have as good of a time with my friends if we're all drinking and you're not. You'll complain about how sloppy my friends are being for being well, stupid drunks. I'll feel bad that you're not having a good time, but I'm also with my friends and when I get "warm" and start forgetting to go out of my way to make you comfortable, you'll feel actively uncomfortable and then we'll probably fight about it later, espciecially if I want to go out 1-2 a week. It's about lifestyle, and you're young, so many girls are just reveling in the freedom that they CAN legally drink so it's something you can't "share" together. Good for you for sticking to your guns, it takes maturity, but girls just wanna have fun lol

• That's the thing tho. I understand it's not their job to make me comfortable especially when I'm choosing to place myself in an uncomfortable situation. If I'm uncomfortable that's my problem. And if I couldn't get comfortable for some reason I'd leave before I ended up buzzkilling a good night. I can't argue with someone over the uncomfortable bed I made myself. Thats childish and unfair. And trust me there's a reason I don't drink. I have no room whatsoever to judge people when I know I've done much worse. Im totally fine with going out. There's a satisfaction in the challenge of confidently being myself without alcohol in the presence of strangers.