Would you date someone if you know you gonna leave in several months even if you really like them?

See the title,
if so, did it work out at all?

02

02
  • Yeah, I would see if anything was there. Then, if there is, what are you going to do? Long distance isn't something I'm personally into. It would really have to be something special for me to pursue it. The again, life is short, and I'd prefer to have a good time, so I'd try it out.

• I guess you d go on dates or mess around but won't put a label right? Or you d put on a label and deal with any consequence that can happen later?

• Oh. No, I would think that I would talk to her about the reality of the situation. That I'd like to give it a shot, I'm not thrilled about long distance relationships, but I'm not completely set against them. But, I think we should try it out to see if anything is there, first.

So, date first. Just because we are dating, doesn't mean I am committed. The point of dating is to see if there is anything there. Do we have things in common, do we like each others personality, do we get along etc

• That sounds really complicated but that totally makes sense , thanks !

• Yeah I did with my ex. I ended up breaking up with her sooner than I had planned to. I told her we would see what happened when I went to uni but I wasn't sure if I could do long distance and she understood. However I broke it off sooner and kinda regretted it