How do I trust women again?

I’ve had trouble forgiving people in the past for doing me wrong. After being cheated on by my last girlfriend it hurt me really deeply. My living situation left me really alone and dwelling on the pain actually made me feel like I had something going on. I wasn’t making new friends and became a loner. It’s hard for me to put myself out there since so many guys go after the attractive women. More or less I don’t like the competition and feel I can’t compete with other guys. For the last 3 years I’ve basically withdrawn from even approaching girls and now I don’t know what to say to them at all. On top of that my trust is broken. What Can I do to help this and should I just give up on meeting women?

0|1

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Well, you have to drink the koolaid and believe not all women are the same. Even though this one may have hurt you, the next few are not going to do the same. Although there is a lot of competition, so, you just have to keep on talking to them until one likes you. The game plan is to increase the number of interactions.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm not your ex prbly at least five of the women you see tomorrow aren't your ex and all women are not the same once you can understand this you can start making friends or slowly open up to girls or just people in general

0|0
    0|0
  • Whether you give up or not, that's your choice and no one else.

Getting to that same place you are and I pretty much gave up, because I've had enough years facing my trust issues (and mental health overall, I don't expect many folks knowing what's to have chronic depression).

I'll settle for stabilizing a job and knowing life's not meant to be full happiness whatsoever, but that's on me. I'm not going to blame anyone else but I'll either let them give me lessons of things I know well, condescend or pity me, because I've my pride.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes