Why does my boyfriend worry about conversations with guys in college?

Today after class, my classmate started a conversation with me. I didn’t get a text that my boyfriend was on his way (we were planning on meeting) so I assumed he was gonna take a little longer. My classmate caught up to me and started a conversation and I didn’t hear my phone so I accidentally made my boyfriend wait about 10 minutes. (He messaged me when the conversation started).

After after those ten minutes I remembered about my boyfriend and told the guy I had to go, I checked my phone and viola! Boyfriend sent me two texts and three calls.

I apologized to my boyfriend cause i use I didn’t hear my phone an I’d told him I got caught in conversation. He started saying that I forgot about him and this guy doesn’t want to be friends with me that a guy doesn’t usually have intentions to be friends with me.

but random conversations are how I met a few of my friends. And he knows I’m loyal! He knows too. When I asked him what he was worried about he basically was worried about the guy. But I don’t understand. I enjoy getting to know different people and guys just so happen to be so much more out going, which is why most of my friends are guys. ( once they’re friends, they’re just friends.)

413

Most Helpful Guy

• The answers from guys on here to these kinds of questions are always the same here and I find it strange, for some reason they jump straight to "he's a controlling asshole you should finish with him". For some reason I doubt that their reaction would be so harsh if it was the other way around.

Anyway, I'd say that when these kinds of things happen many men will naturally get jealous, especially if they've had bad experiences in the past. An example from my experience was a girl I met when I was about 20. She seemed really cool, she said that her ex-boyfriends were really controlling, that they had a problem with her friends because they were mostly guys. At this time I wasn't that bothered, I trusted her to be faithful so I said nothing about it.

Eventually things like this happened to me. At first I wasn't bothered, but then it started to bug me more and more, it seemed suspicious. Eventually I asked a question on here about it, and I was told basically that I was being a dick, that I needed to trust her or leave. A week later I got a message from a guy who sent me a screenshot of her admitting to having sex with another guy, one of her "friends".

So my gut feeling was right, and I wasn't actually being a dick. My suspicions were correct. But according to these people I should have gone on blindly trusting her.

I'm not saying that a guy shouldn't trust a girl - I trust my girl now - I'm just explaining how they end up with this kind of mindset. When that happens if fucks with your head and makes you suspicious of girls who have mostly guy friends. And when he talks about how guys think he's right.

• Thank you so much
      I hope I love this guy though. I wouldn’t want to hurt him in any way. (Lol yes I read everything you said and Gagarin thank you :) )

Most Helpful Girl

• Having a dig at you for a ten minute conversation with someone you know is a bit of a red flag... I'd be very careful that his behaviour doesn't escalate and become more controlling. Don't allow this kind of behavior, he'll then get used to dictating your every move.