Is it wrong to leave your bf/gf on read?

My boyfriend is sooo dry over text it's annoying to the point where most of the time i don't even wanna reply, but I don't wanna be rude so i find a way to keep the convo going anyway.
He texts my sister and seems to have decent convos with her, but with me he always just says stuff like "lmao okay", "ahaha yeah"... stuff like that. I have no response to that, and it feels like I'm always putting in more effort to keep the convo going. I told him about this and he says he understands and "his bad" cuz apparently he really doesn't realize he's doing it.

Should i be concerned? would you be turned off if your partner wasn't having good convos with you over text?

we also never call each other, the one time we did it felt so awks. BUT in person we usually have fun and we have lots in common which is a plus?

03