Monogamy To Open Relationships?

Have been with my boyfriend for a few years and I want to have a semi open relationship. We both can sleep with other people but the only emotional relationship is between the two of us. He says it's 100% out of the question but I can't shake the feeling that it's what I want. What should I do?

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• To the women on here who seem hellbent to argue that there's no emotion ever if they chose not to have any, or that men are just jealous, whiny, and insecure, I give you my situation.

Very inexperienced wife, very experienced husband. After 8 years, 2 kids, and a marriage others all envied, poof. She got her tubes tied, it all changed. Since then in 2 years I've shown her some things I learned prior. Anal, bondage, domibance/submission, toys, objects, a long secret girl fantasy, and more. At some point after our first threesome she started asking for a couple. Now at this time I also was curious about p-spot massage. She linked it tofether, and started really pushing, but the girl went away. Now just gunning for bi mmf, I'm from "I don't know", even though her idea, she refuses to explain her wants on HETERO other men (and a woman), to now "fuck that" to bi stuff with only the guy, also with zero explanation other than "now we can share with a guy"!!! The general vagueness of her want was what kept me from saying yes, not fear. Now, the entitled assumptions of my role... maybe a lot of guys aren't into it, because if the untrustworthy nature of many women.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• First of all: ignore all that crap you're getting from this "community". Talking about something does not make you a slut or cheater or whatever.

Second: take a moment to think about WHY you want to do this. The idea being: if you can communicate this reason he might understand.

But: if you
    - do not have a good enough reason
    - fail to convince him
    - have a boyfriend that just is not into it
    you have to either dump the idea or the boyfriend.

1|1
    0|0
    • Finally, someone with a bit of sense!

• I think this is great advice. Figuring out why you're interested in a open relationship might totally change your mind on the idea or the current relationship.

• You two sound incompatible. Actually, I'm surprised he hasn't already ended things over you actively wanting this.

This is one of those things that you either are ok or not, there's not a middle ground kind of like being pregnant, you either are or you aren't there is no middle ground.

If you two have different views on this than it sounds like you two just aren't a compatible couple, you are too different.

1|1
    0|0
  • Ok first understand that these people are half right.

While there is absolutely nothing wrong with pursuing this kind of relationship when both parties want it. The vast majority of men will react how you've seen here. It's no surprise that your partner said no. That's not because you failed to explain properly or didn't have good enough rain that is simply because too most guys there simply isn't another thought as aweful degrading and hurtful.

If that's the kind of relationship you want then I'm afraid you will definitely have to move on from your current fellah.

Another aspect to consider the type of guy that would agree to this kind of relationship is likley to find your infidelity (of still class it as that) very erotic. He will most likley either want to watch, join in, or at least have detailed stories and picture messages of the incidents.

in my opinion and it is only my opinion your be very hard pressed to find a guy that is simply ok with you sleeping with other men.

Also consider the health risk he'd be putting himself under. The humiliation he would feel if anyone found out.

It is still humiliating even if permission is given and somewhat demasculating.

I wouldn't count on ever get back with your original partner he is likley to find your behaviour very unsavoury.

Opinion is just based on experience and what I've found over the years.

The most common opinion I've found by far is the

Well you can't possibly live each other then can you
    Reaction

0|0
    0|0
  • \\First off, Imagine from his point of view: He's loves you, Things are going nice and all of a sudden you ask him that you want to fuck other guys but stay in the relationship. I'm not slamming open relationships but he's not okay with it and I think you two are most likely incompatible.

0|1
    0|0
  • Have you thought about the fact he might not have anyone else to sleep with other than you, so he would not get anything out of an open relationship. If he doesn't excite you in bed then try new things

0|0
    0|0
  • Open relations are NEVER good and cause lots of strain on the relationship, loss of trust, and most commonly result in a break up. They are so unstable and unreliable that I'm sure even if you break up with this dude and find someone who is ok with it, then you'll find out how bad it actually is and be the one to break up.

0|1
    0|0
  • you should go fuck yourself and eat shit THOT do him and apparently your SLUT SELF a favor and find someone who shares your SLUT values.

>have sexual relationships with many but maintain one emotional relationship and make other ones illegal...

HAHAHAHA JUST RIDE SOME BBC YOU FKING SL00T, YOU DON'T WANT A RELATIONSHIP, YOU WANT A FKING HAREM OF GUYS

0|0
    3|0
    • Lol eat shit dude

• Show All
    • Lol whats wrong with this retard? Apparently 34y/o and calling a virgin a slut? Makes absolute sense babes. Did your mammy not love you so you're now against women? I'm sorry

• @delagarza Lmfaooooooo seems like momma raised a fool, bless him

• Have you always liked the idea of an open relationship? Or is it more recent?

0|1
    0|0
  • So you want to be a slut and you want your dude to have your vag used by other dudes. How is it cool for him? C'mon girl. Don't you love yourself anymore?

0|0
    2|0
  • Break up and leave that poor guy alone. Or change your shit and don't be a cheater.

0|2
    0|0
  • I dont think your current boyfriend will ever be okay to it. Its not something you slowly get over. Either you'll have to stay monogamous with him or leave him.

0|0
    0|0
  • Either respect his feelings or find someone who is okay with it. Your desires are your own and not necessarily "bad", but that's not what he signed up for.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's my opinion that phisical relationships always come with emotional strings whether they are wanted, warranted, etc or not

0|1
    0|0
  • You need to find another guy it's his right to say no but you're not married so...

0|0
    0|0
  • Leave him and find someone else

0|3
    0|0
  • Stop being a thot

0|1
    0|0
  • Let it go.

0|0
    0|0
  • So you want your cake and to eat it too?

0|0
    0|0
  • You're basically asking for permission to be a cheating slut...

1|1
    1|0
    • Show All
    • I mean defending her GODDAMIT

• @Greatcat lol suck my toe

• Talk to him about it...

And change that if you want

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes