I did something stupid?

I am a 25 year old woman and 6 months ago i made a stupid mistake. I was feeling down... or i dont know not thinking about the consequences of my decisions. I had a lot of emotions bottled up and i didn't trust anyone... something was bothering me. So i went to a psych ward here in my country to visit a psychologist. We had an intake and during that intake i told her how i felt for the last couple of months. After 4 days they called me back and she said that the 1st diagnose (not an official one yet) is depression because of a borderline disorder. When she said that i was so angry and in shock... i felt horrible and it broke my confidence. I told her i wasn't interested in further treatment. But after that whole process i realized what i did was wrong... this is goin to haunt me forever... that im unstable on paper... i still need to get a career.. a drivers license and all of that... help

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Go back to this doc or chose another one. Without treatment theier will neither a stable life nor a career.
    Borderline personality disorder is mainly treated using psychotherapy, but medication may be added.
    Treatment can help you learn skills to manage and cope with your condition. With treatment, you can feel better about yourself and live a more stable, rewarding life.
    Although no drugs have been approved by the Food and Drug Administration specifically for the treatment of borderline personality disorder, certain medications may help with symptoms or co-occurring problems such as depression, impulsiveness, aggression or anxiety. Medications may include antidepressants, antipsychotics or mood-stabilizing drugs.
    Talk to your doctor about the benefits and side effects of medications.

0|0
    0|0
    • i dont have bpd... omg i dont recognize myself in that and i am not UNSTABLE. Thatd the issue... stop saying that

• Okay. Your life, your decisions.

• U dont get it... a personality disorder can make u not get a job. If i dont get a job i will get welfare nut thats not a way to live.

Most Helpful Girl

• So you again. Never heard of pledge of secrecy? Your new Job won't know a thing about this

0|0
    0|0
    • Nothing is anonymous in this world. If a job finds out i am fired and i will be on welfare my entire life. I made a HUGE HUGE mistake. A personality disorfer is no joke. This woman also lied on paper and said i have anger issues

• Show All
    • Maybe you are too and should be checked out

• Maybe you are too paranoid

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Nothing is keeping you from going back to her or another psychologist to take further treatment after all.
    You don't need to be insecure.. If depression or mental disorders weren't something normal, there wouldn't be any psychologists out there.
    Also, don't feel bad about what you did.. Your reaction is quite relatable in the heat of the moment and she'll know that too.

0|0
    0|0
    • i dont need treatment...

• im just worried about my career

• Well.. I don't know about your country but doctors usually have to keep quiet, about everything concerning their patients, by law.

• Well the mistake is done. You need to get over it.
    1. You want to take charge of your life but scared to.
    2. Shit happens. You need to pick up yourself and march ahead.
    3. You know you are unstable. Take help.
    4. You have accepted the mistake. It should be easier for you to take help.

0|0
    0|0
    • im not unstable. I just made a mistake

• Show All
    • ask what

• Ask if there is a way for that to be treated

• What Country are you in? In almost all western country's this couldn't have happened as the doctor has to speak to a patient face to face. AUS, UK, US, NZ, CAN, FRA, GER, NETEct..

0|0
    0|0
  • Wait, isn't this information not to be disclosed in any circumstances in your country?
    Here in France you could be accused of murder, torture or something worse, none of what you said to a shrink/doctor/nurse could be disclosed to anyone.
    If it's the same in your country nobody will know.
    By the way, they never know for sure what's going on in your head with just one session, human mind is more complex than that, they just go first for the most probable (and more frequent) then they dig through it.

0|1
    0|0
  • Shit happens, Learn from your mistakes and try to move on, dont give up

0|0
    0|0
    • what do u mean dont give up

• Just go back to her or to a different psychologist.

0|0
    0|0
  • You can do it๐Ÿ˜Š

0|0
    0|0
  • My opinion would be that you speak with someone you trust, whether it's your parents or a church asking for a council to seek God that will help you

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes