I did something stupid?

I am a 25 year old woman and 6 months ago i made a stupid mistake. I was feeling down... or i dont know not thinking about the consequences of my decisions. I had a lot of emotions bottled up and i didn't trust anyone... something was bothering me. So i went to a psych ward here in my country to visit a psychologist. We had an intake and during that intake i told her how i felt for the last couple of months. After 4 days they called me back and she said that the 1st diagnose (not an official one yet) is depression because of a borderline disorder. When she said that i was so angry and in shock... i felt horrible and it broke my confidence. I told her i wasn't interested in further treatment. But after that whole process i realized what i did was wrong... this is goin to haunt me forever... that im unstable on paper... i still need to get a career.. a drivers license and all of that... help

19

Most Helpful Guy

• Go back to this doc or chose another one. Without treatment theier will neither a stable life nor a career.
    Borderline personality disorder is mainly treated using psychotherapy, but medication may be added.
    Treatment can help you learn skills to manage and cope with your condition. With treatment, you can feel better about yourself and live a more stable, rewarding life.
    Although no drugs have been approved by the Food and Drug Administration specifically for the treatment of borderline personality disorder, certain medications may help with symptoms or co-occurring problems such as depression, impulsiveness, aggression or anxiety. Medications may include antidepressants, antipsychotics or mood-stabilizing drugs.
    Talk to your doctor about the benefits and side effects of medications.

• i dont have bpd... omg i dont recognize myself in that and i am not UNSTABLE. Thatd the issue... stop saying that

• Okay. Your life, your decisions.

• U dont get it... a personality disorder can make u not get a job. If i dont get a job i will get welfare nut thats not a way to live.

Most Helpful Girl

• So you again. Never heard of pledge of secrecy? Your new Job won't know a thing about this

• Nothing is anonymous in this world. If a job finds out i am fired and i will be on welfare my entire life. I made a HUGE HUGE mistake. A personality disorfer is no joke. This woman also lied on paper and said i have anger issues

• Maybe you are too and should be checked out

• Maybe you are too paranoid