Is age really "just a number"?

I'm 40 He's 20 My sons are the same age as him, and they are fast becoming good mates. They're not phased, so long as I'm happy. My daughter however (who is actually older than him by a yr) is not happy about it, and neither is his mum or his friends. We're both single, both adults, the sex is consensual and safe. I'm being made to feel like I should be ashamed and have been accused of sexual manipulation, whereas he's receiving awe and admiration (dbl standards for the win.) When you see a woman with a younger man, what's your first impression?

2148

Most Helpful Guy

• Right, what do you offer each apart from sex?

I can't see a 20 year old offering much to a 40 year old woman in terms of mental stimulation, security, long term partnership. Neither can i see a 40 year old being anything but a pseudo mother (unless she's as mentally mature as a 20 year old herself, which isn't a good thing either).

When i see huge age gaps i see one or both partners having issues with themselves.

• Surprisingly enough we connect quite well mentally as well as sexually. He had events happen in his life that forced him to "grow up faster," as it were, and his level of maturity is a credit to him.
      I'm not requiring financial security from him whatsoever, and neither of us have hopes for this to be a long term arrangment; he's a good time, not a long time, and vice versa.

He has no "mummy issues" and I do not view him with any maternal insticts in the least. Hell no. And with five kids, I'm certainly not lacking in parental responsibility, so no requirement needed from him there.

• It is certainly the desire of the majority

As to the cut off point, it’s not a hard and fast line, but you cannot deny that the odds are against you as you get older. You’re also adding chapters to what many good men would say is already an interesting past. So that window of opportunity for that loving husband is undoubtedly getting small. I’m not being misogynistic here, I’m giving you a plain and realistic appraisal of the situation. Being happily engaged, I gain nothing from hating you or any other woman.

You’re too astute to argue semantics about the process of dating. You and I know full well you will not marry a 20 something, so dating him means absolutely nothing and if anything it’ll *hurt* your chances.

As for their father I’ll apologise for having no idea about that.

You asked a question, I’m saying in my opinion age is not just a number, it’s a biological and sociological compatibility check.

• True.
      However I have no interest in marriage and never have.
      Apology accepted, observation noted.

Most Helpful Girl

• Your son's will not have anything bad to say about it because they are Desiring women your age as well. I was fortunate enough to be with a woman your age when I was 20 and it was epic... You have earned this you deserve this and anyone who tries to throw the double standard at you either wants to be you or wants to be inside you

• You are definitely not guilty of sexual manipulation you are making this guy's fantasy come true just look on any porn site and you will see that MILF and mature woman sex videos are definitely the most popular. I would recommend watching these videos with your younger man because you will definitely spice everything up and enable you to push the envelope because both of you are probably holding back and a good way of testing the waters is putting on a mature woman sex video with different scenarios and see how he reacts. I can almost guarantee you that one of his fantasies is to have his friends join him with you

• So you’re a grown man pretending to be a fifteen year old girl

• This app won't let me change my profile to correct it