Girls, I have feelings for this girl I am friends with. She has split up with her boyfriend?

I would appreciate opinions on this girl I have fallen for. We have been friends for nearly 5 years and in recent months I have developed feelings for her. She is kind, brave, supportive to me and someone I get along with. Last week, she broke up with her boyfriend who she has been with for 1 year. She is very upset and going through a tough time. She has cut off all contact from him and doesn't want to see or hear from him ever again. I have been looking after her by offering any support I can give, running small errands for her and asking each day how she is coping. Her ex treated her very badly and I genuinely care that she is so upset and am keeping in touch with her. I am friend's with her best friend and I've been told how she really trusts and appreciates my help.
I would like to ask her on a date at some point but I do not know how long to give it. She also has a 3 year old child from a previous relationship to consider. Thanks for any advice!

1