Are dating sites just a waste of time?

I have been on about 10 different dating sites over the last 5 years. And to this day I have not met a single person from them.
In my opinion I'm not an ugly guy, I've got a good job, I've got a good sense of humor, never cheated on a woman, I've got my life together, and I'm honest to a fault.
But for some reason I can never even get someone to reply to me. Unless she's trying to get me to visit her website and give her money that is.

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• they certainly feel like a waste of energy... i've been on a couple (trying again after about a seven year break), and i haven't had anything come of it yet... i'm not really sure how to go about any of it, but honest and concise feels like the wrong approach... all of my dating history stems from girls that get to know me and ask me out... i do pretty well that way (given that i expend little to no effort meeting women)... these days i am sort of a hermit (like the last time i had a profile), so maybe i should just go meet people instead... but until then, i guess i'll keep finding out how useless these sites are to me...

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I've been on a bunch too. I have met a few guys let's just say I'm still single. I find that dating sites are all about hooking up now so I stay away from them.

0|2
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Short answer: yes long answer: if you are on one but still find yourself jacking off alone than what do you think?

0|1
    0|0
  • The problem is that almost every woman's profile is fake.. i met just one girl of the billions i talked with on the internet.. and i think I've been lucky :)

0|2
    0|0
  • For most guys it doesn’t work for them; you have to be very good looking

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes, especially if you have to pay for things like messaging.

0|1
    0|0
  • Waste of time

0|0
    0|0
  • I hate them. Its too lazy

0|0
    0|0
  • for the average guy yes. For any girl they're instant celebrites

0|0
    0|0
  • Just gotta keep trying and post good pics

0|0
    0|1
    • I thank I do post good ones, but when should I say enough is enough?

• I don't know. Try to approach more women in person

Recommended myTakes