How do I get my parter to understand I like independence and alone time?

My girlfriend and I have been together for well over a year, but she's still in her honeymoon phase and feels the need to be with me or talk/text/call 24/7. She knows I work 6 days a week, and she's just finishing up university. But gets extremely upset when I want a day to myself, or with my guy friends and to just relax while running away from my life responsibilities for a few hours or even a day or two. We live fair close and I usually see her maybe 3-5 times a week, and we spend weekends together as well. She knows I'm as loyal as a trained dog, but has a difficult time letting me be on my own for a short while, even when she knows she's getting on my nerves.

Any help as to what to do, or how to deal with it?

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Tough love my dude. Be stern and tell her that you want to see a change. Simply put your foot down and communicate. If she persists in her ways, then it's a real problem and decide if you want to deal with that, forever. Do not be afraid to speak up. Don't even think too much, just do it. Calmly and caringly express to her your concerns. Best of luck!

0|0
    0|0
  • have u tried talking to her about it, I hear it's a very effective method of communication

0|0
    0|0
  • Tell her now. Some people don't like whe you tell them that so good luck. Its why I am single for years lmao. Hate being smothered.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes