How do I get my parter to understand I like independence and alone time?

My girlfriend and I have been together for well over a year, but she's still in her honeymoon phase and feels the need to be with me or talk/text/call 24/7. She knows I work 6 days a week, and she's just finishing up university. But gets extremely upset when I want a day to myself, or with my guy friends and to just relax while running away from my life responsibilities for a few hours or even a day or two. We live fair close and I usually see her maybe 3-5 times a week, and we spend weekends together as well. She knows I'm as loyal as a trained dog, but has a difficult time letting me be on my own for a short while, even when she knows she's getting on my nerves.

Any help as to what to do, or how to deal with it?

21