Guys - does your girlfriend stop you talking to other girls? Girls - Do you do this to your man?

My girlfriend doesn't like me talking to any ex's which is fair enough although one I was friends with after. But she doesn't like me talking to anyone I've ever had a thing with. Even just a friend that I've had sex with a couple of times when drunk and it meant nothing to us. She doesn't know any of these people as she isn't from where I am and I don't see the girls anymore as I live with her where she's from. But she would get mad if I spoke to anyone I've ever had a thing with. Does anyone else feel this is a bit unnecessary?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• When it's an ex or someone you've had sex with before I can understand it and I don't think it has anything to do with sociopathy as one person said, I think that's a silly comment.

People today think that you should blindly trust the person that you're with. I'm not saying that you shouldn't trust your partner, but today a lot more cheating goes on than in the past. People sleep around more, we have the internet that makes it much easier to sneak around and talk to people behind the partner's back.

When it comes to exes and people you've had sex with in the past, old feelings can come back. At some point you either loved them or felt a lot of attraction for them - that can come back again, and if a person is weak when it comes to self-control and their behaviour is dictated by their emotions, things can happen. Or they might be sneaky and plan for it to happen, and of course they'll always tell you otherwise.

It can't come back if you don't speak to them. There's no suspicion if you don't speak to them. I don't understand this modern idea that "it's the mature thing to do" to stay friends with your exes and everybody gets along and it's all fine. It usually doesn't happen that way. I think even a lot of people who allow it deep down don't like it but they allow it because they're so afraid that people will call them insecure, jealous, controlling etc.

I even had an ex where she complained about this with her exes not letting her be friends with guys/exes of hers, and although I never said anything to her and I let her be friends with whoever she liked I asked the same questions here a couple of times. Most people told me I was in the wrong for being weary about it, called me all of the above. In the end she was cheating.

I just think those people are naive to be honest and I just don't get it. Your partner should come before exes.

1|0
    0|1

Most Helpful Girl

• You see I’m a very trusting person in relationships. My opinion is you can hang out with who ever you like and I am trusting you be faithful. Even if you’re surrounded by girls who are attracted to you as long as you’re faithful it doesn’t matter to me. So I wouldn’t mind at all but that being said I’m very much someone who would never someone who would forgive a cheat because I feel if you need me to control who you’re with to stop you from cheating you’re not someone worth being with in the first place. But that’s just me.

0|0
    1|0
    • I’m very much someone who would never forgive someone who cheated****

• Show All
    • Well you have to decide whether you are willing to let her control your life to that point

• I have to just put up with it

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• I wouldn't want him talking to anyone who he's had a thing with either. His “best friend” who he knew for 6 months to a year offered to take his virginity before he met me. Now that he's with me, that ratfaced hoe thought they could still be friends. I tried to be cool with it for some months but she kept throwing herself at him. So no, i told him he needed to cut the dusty turd off and he did that in December. I dont trust the exes (including ex lovers) can be friends thing

0|1
    0|0
    • Some can though. You did the right thing there but I am just friends with her

• I think that's dumb af. You're your own person, you can talk to whoever you want lmao. If she doesn't trust you enough o let you TALK to people, there's something wrong there. It doesn't matter if you used to have a thing with them - by being in a relationship you both mutually agree to be together, which requires certain levels of trust and communication. By her not trusting you to talk to other people, she's literally breaking the basis of being a relationship

0|1
    1|0
    • Thank you. I think it's pretty stupid too. If it's just a conversation I don't see the problem

• I don't think I'd like it. It depends on how much you are talking to them and if you are flirty or if you see them in person as well

1|0
    0|0
    • I literally spoke to her every now and again and never saw her in person because I lived away and I wasn't flirty

• He also lived far from her and only talked to her maybe once a week. Yet she just moved a citybaway from him and asked to meetup. Nope it was time to cut her thirsty ass off

• People who do that with their partners at least show symptoms of sociopathy.

0|1
    1|0

Recommended myTakes