I had sex with my boyfriends friend?

I’ve known for years this man liked me but I ignored it and him as I didn’t see him in that way, in fact detested him.
Then he added me to Facebook so I accepted as we were all going to his cousins wedding in another town so we’re staying with members of his family. He started messaging me, asking me to come meet him and I’d just laugh at the messages and showed my boyfriend. Me and my boyfriend went through a bad patch he ran a lot of debt up and we were just working nonstop to pay it off, we never went out, didn’t buy new things I didn’t even go to the hairdressers for my hair to be trimmed as every spare penny went to getting him out of debt. It caused so many arguments and tears and there was times I just wanted to walk. I was at my lowest, so when his friend started messaging me again I arranged to meet him and we had sex, and it felt good for first time in ages I felt good and attractive. Afterwards I deleted his friend from Facebook and pretty much ignored him and his questions to why I’m ignoring him. He recently got engaged but still hovering about the background, I honestly can’t stand the man at all, if it wasn’t him I had sex with it probably would have been someone else.
I feel so guilty what I did to my boyfriend and I’m stuck on what to do about it, do I confess or do I keep quiet? I don’t want to break up with him, I want to keep helping him get out of debt.
i don’t know what to do?

213

Most Helpful Girl

• I vote for staying silent and if engaged, so will his "friend" not wanting his bride to know nor your boyfriend.
    If this ever blows up, simply deny it unless there's evidence not yet destroyed.
    Sex is not a tattoo unless resulting in STD; you could resolve much guilt by calling that act "therapy" and "going to the bathroom away from home" so similar are these.

Most Helpful Guy

• Honesty is the cornerstone of a good relationship, but it was one act of indiscretion. You should tell him, but also talk about the circumstances that led to it. Worse than sex would be if you wanted him now. Also count your lucky stars that there weren't any other bad repercussions like pregnancy or a STD.

• I don’t understand how it happened, I hate the man, don’t give him the time of day and he messaged me next I’m at his place and we are having sex. It was like an out of body experience like I know I done it but I don’t know why I done it. I’d understand if I liked him but I don’t.

• Some people say the extreme emotion of love and hate are similar in many ways. If you hate or love someone you end up thinking about them a lot. Having someone on your mind all the time and then flipping the switch from hate to interest could be a hair of difference. It would be better if you didn't like him and felt indifferent than to absolutely hate his guts.

That or he used a date rape drug...

• @jessture I haven’t pretended anything