Do you feel like you settle for less than what you really wanted in a relationship?

I know most people want be honest but lets be for real at some point you have settled so what was your reason?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• That's depends on whether or not your standards were too high to begin with. Mine were, so I "settled" all the time. But I eventually realized how unhappy I was always looking for something impossible, and instead worked on myself to figure out why I thought I "needed"someone so perfect, when I closely l clearly didn't deserve them. Now, I don't need a relationship, and would still be happy being single. I'm dating a wonderful man, that honestly would never have gotten a second look from me back in the day. He's my best friend, because that's how we started, as friends.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• No one will ever get their "ideal". I view compromising and settling as two different things. Settling is being with someone who has very little qualities you want but are with them out of loneliness or desperation. Compromising is liking the person, even with some flaws, but you're still content with them.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• My friends were telling me a man by my standards dosnt exist. Well i found him and he is everything I've ever wanted and than some more. To this day i can't believe he's so perfect, so no i didn't settle for less, but for much more than I've ever hoped for. So loving and good, charming as hell, football fan, gamer, amazing at sex and in the shorts, dorky enough to make me melt from happiness. he's the biggest luck I've got in my life.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yeah, I can definitely say I’ve settled with every relationship. They are always lacking one important quality. Now that I’m single and older, I have been trying to stop settling but it has still been happening.

1|0
    0|0
  • I have before, but I realised that I wasn't happy and walked away. Leaving my ex was one of the best decisions I ever made.

My boyfriend now though is literally everything I could ever want and I am so happy being around him and so deeply in love, more than I ever thought possible.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think people settle all the time and I don't know that it's entirely a bad thing. A lot of people have completely unrealistic expectations about who they're going to spend their life with.

2|1
    0|0
  • Never, which isn't really all that great if you ask me, I'm 33, no kids no wife and single. I've dated more than 20 girls and never was dumped once, and I'm tired if this shit, I want someone to love 😥

0|0
    0|0
  • To me.. so far.. It feels like 'relationships' just doesn't want me. I just don't know why? & still patiently waiting for a divine answer. Lol

0|0
    0|0
  • No never otherwise i would have already found the Love of my live lol

0|0
    0|0
  • Honestly on my end, things are really great, I only got more.

0|0
    0|0
  • We all settle in one way or another the vast majority of our standards one person can not meet in the event you do find that one that meets every last standard you should never let them go (depending on who you are)
    I have settled on almost every girlfriend I ever had I look for who does the least valuable thing on the list some things just can't be tolerated most can be put up with so obviously I gave up a standard or 2 and went for the least bothersome traits that clash with my standards most of my standards are easily tolerable (for me) there was one time I threw them all out the window just because a girl liked me and I just wanted a girlfriend granted that she wasn't completely my type she would always say she loved me but I never said it to her yeah I slept with her but I wasn't the type of guy to just take advantage of everything she was willing to hand me when I knew I wouldn't have done the same for her

0|0
    1|0
  • I did before. Certainly not now. He’s all I could ever wish for

0|0
    0|0
  • I fully did. My reason was simple. I got in waaaaay over my head.

0|0
    0|0
  • That's my current situation. At the moment, she is very thin and weak and oftens falls ill due to her weak health. She doesn't like to dance, sing, watch movies, go-to a pub or any restraunt with loud music. Being a fitness freak, I tried my best to help her but she simply refuses to get better. I m still into relationship with that girl just because of the commitment we made long time back and she blindly trust me and I know if break up with her, she may even commit suicide. So let go what's going and hope for the best.

0|0
    0|0
    • Wow man thats not cool you are with this woman just because your afraid she will. commit suicide... that can't be healthy for either of u. Do yourselves both a favor and reach for help from friends, family and make her go to a therapist as an ultimatum, that way she has the control n can decide if her relationship is important enough to seek therapy..

• I've been there, there's no easy way out and no way to help someone who doesn't want to help themselves i hope things get better for you.

• I have but I won't settle for less next time around

0|0
    0|0
  • I used to in my past relationships but I lucked out in my current one

0|0
    0|0
  • Somewhat yes.

0|1
    0|0
    • What was ur reason for doing so

• Desperation. If you're single for 8 years, not by choice and no one semi attractive asks you'd give it a shot with less dreamy guys.

• What is settling?

0|0
    0|0
  • Eh. Generally I'm the reacher 😅

0|0
    0|0
  • i decided women are better, didn't settle

0|0
    0|0
  • I used to feel that way after wedding

0|0
    0|0
  • maybe

0|0
    0|0
  • Luv is the only reason

0|0
    0|0
  • I stay single forever so I don’t have to commit forever to someone I have to keep having sad, unwanted sex with or can’t stand to be around.

0|0
    0|0
  • I once settled. For a whole lot less than I really wanted. She was not attractive. She was a control freak and a bitch. She talked me into getting engaged. I would lay awake some nights feeling totally alone, even though she was right beside me in bed. I drank away my unhappiness.

One day I realized I was living a lie and I would actually be happier single. Sex wasn't worth the price. So I left. I stayed single for a while, had some FWB's come and go.. a few brief romances.. and one day I met the woman that offered everything I wanted. It still isn't easy and there are things I didn't even consider that present a challenge, but I love her and I will accommodate the couple of obstacles to fulfill the things I have always wanted.. It takes time and patience.

2|0
    0|0
  • Because I didn't think I could find someone else

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, I should have waited and pushed for someone who was actually going to hold me to the same high standards I hold her... not fold under the pressure of being extraordinary!

0|0
    0|0
  • Uncertain if anyone else is out there in the short term. You settle until you find something better?

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes