Should I tell him how I take his random text?

Long story short I'm in an open relationship and I've messed around with this other guy about 5 times. He said we had to stop because he felt guilty even though he knows my other knows. Anyway at times he is really bad about texting I think he really cares about me but doesn't always show it because I'm in a relationship. Sunday I asked him to at least tell me he cares about me so I know that when he's not in the mood to text I told him a yes or smiley is all I'd need. Well i got nothing ( but he HATES when I ask for things like that, thinks I'm being dramatic) anyway I haven't text him since (normally text daily) well today he sent me a random smiley and that's it. To me that is him finally giving in and tell me he cares about me. Thoughts? I've thought about texting him back and saying so I take that as a yes you care about me :)

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• He cares, don't respond like he's "giving in" or that you're rubbing in his face. Reply in kind, a simple smiley, and everything will be adequately communicated non-verbally.

0|0
    0|0
    • Wouldn't rub it in for sure but just tell him how I took it?

• Nah, you already told him thats all you would need so he knows. Just acknowledge it with a smile.

• Even though it was days later?

• It sounds like he thought that he could handle the open relationship but he really can't

0|0
    0|0
    • I get that but do you think he cares about me and that's part of the issue?

• Absolutely he wants you all to himself and he knows he can't have you that way.

Recommended myTakes