How would you react to this if it happened?
- If he ordered for me on a first date it would be a turn on
- If he ordered for me on a first date it would be a turn off
- I'm a guy, I order for women on a first date
- I'm a guy, I wouldn't order for a woman on a first date
Most Helpful Guy
Ton of variables here.
1) Choosing the actual food isn't the same as ordering for her. I would never actually choose what she gets, nor do I think that badly ever happens for cost control. That seems kinda sketchy. Only exception here would be if the date was scored by talking about a specific food. I'd naturally order 2 of whatever enticed the date (you have to come with me to try this Cuban sammich!).
Outside of that, I'd never pick. I would order though after we'd talked about what looked good - depends on the girl. I know it's 2018 and she don't need no man to order, or hold doors.. I'll hold the door though because chivalry is hanging on by a thread, contrary to popular opinion, if she'd appreciate it. Happy to relay our orders to the waiter in the same capacity.
It can also be easier if you've schemed up some way to share a few different things and have a "team order" - also happy to let the lady do the whole ordering.
Tl;dr: If a guy is stubborn/insistent on ordering, probably a bad sign. It's not immediately malicious though, and sometimes guys are ACTUALLY just being nice.
Most Helpful Girl
I don't let others pay for me and I wouldn't appreciate someone ordering for me, because I'm really picky and would hate for them to order some shit I don't enjoy eating.