Girls, is it a good idea to ask my ex's friend out? if not why?

18

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 17

• Its a terrible idea

• well depending on what kind of terms you're on with your ex you might wanna ask her permission first. my friend is trying to set me up with her ex for a hook up and it was all her idea and she's totally cool with it. so these sorts of scenarios don't have to be awkward at all

• There’s a girl code that states one must not date a friends ex. You can ask her out if you want to, you will just probably get rejected

• what if she likes me

• It depends how close she is with your ex. If the ex gives her an a ok than it’s fine but personally I wouldn’t

• Sadly @Julia420 not everyone abides to unwritten codes... Hence why best friend's sleep with your SO!! (not that it's happened to me)
      So be aware when you get older and are an adult. Women are conniving and sly as fuck if you're not careful!

• I unknowingly dated my ex's school friend who were still in contact occasionally and throughout our relationship. It wasn't a problem. My ex was a dick so I didn't care - it was a bonus if anything haha. If we refused to date people because of their connections to others, then we would never date! Just go for it if you like her.

• Most of the time friends are alike . It really depends on how things ended with your ex, her friendship and why you/her want to go out with each other.

• It totally depends on the situation. How close is the friendship. How did the relationship end, are you all on good terms , friends? Would it be uncomfortable to be with her and the x around?

• It’s not a bad idea for you to ask, but it’s a bad idea for her to accept, unless she too wants to become an ex best friend.

• She might say no because of her loyalty to her friend

• Sure, but your ex will be pissed.

• Good

• It is okay if you like her

• That's a bad idea.

• Nope. Your ex will feel offended, and upset.

• Please invite them all n see what can be worse.

• I would say , if the other person is willing.

• Reading the same book won't change its end.

• walking on broken glass