How do people keep the ball rolling, or rather how do you manage to keep talking about stuff?

So i realized that after about 1-2 months of talking with anyone, i just lose interest and struglle to find things to talk about, its sort of happened with me and my girlfriend, and i was just wondering what/how you guys maintain lengthy conversations after you have spoken about the main parts of your lives already.

12

Most Helpful Guy

• Its hard, I struggle with that and it definitely puts a strain on romantic relationships but just know you can have long term relationships in spite of it. You just need to find things you can do together that aren't conversation heavy. For example one ex that I had for about two years was really into pinball so that became a thing we would do, go out to the bars and play pinball. Its also helpful after the new phase of the relationship is over to hang out in a group setting so the pressure isn't just on you to make conversation.

• im not worried about the relationship too much (in that we both reeeaaalllyy like each other), but i was just wondering how i could keep things going. your advice is good, however we both have major exams coming up right now (GCSEs) and I've been restricted to the house on the weekends to "revise", though i can meet up during the week

Most Helpful Girl

• you need to have things in common.. like football for example.. there is always a new game you can talk about

• okay, but what if your interests aren't sports (where new things happen each week), we both like tv shows, and music but the bands we like are old and gone. we do have things to talk about but i just realised that our convos have dried up somewhat, though she still thinks we are having great ones, might just be me. thanks for the tip anyways

• the football was just an example.. it can be other things in common..
      maybe your expectations are too big... you are still young and just wanna know more and more girls i guess