Why do girls send mixed signals? please tell me what this girl did to me means?

I got this girls number. She always chased after me at work, smiled at me, gave me hugs, we talked a lot, basically what i thought she gave me the green light & when I got her number i called her n this is exactly how the conversation went
Me: Heyy
Her: Hi
Her: oh uh wait hold on
A moment of silence
And then she hung up on me
I confronted her the next day
Me: Hey what happened last night why did u hang up on me
Her: she looked left & then look right & then looked at me & said I'll tell u later n then she walked off so I jus started ignoring her not saying hi or bye anymore i stopped giving her hugs.
And then one day as im walking out she calls my name & says hey u never hi to me anymore u never say bye to me anymore i said oh im sorry but in my head im thinking why is she chasing aftr me now after wen i tried to call her she jus hung up on me like wtf please help me make senses of this girl

22

Most Helpful Guy

• She's just playing with you, man. She likes the attention however she backs away when shit gets real and you start trying to take things to the next level.

I've met multiple girls like that. The worst was this girl who liked me, pretty much every guy liked her. I stopped giving her a lot of attention and she went straight to my best friend and started hitting on him in order to make me jealous. My best friend liked her too and he ended up falling for her and was wanting my permission to get with her, I told him go ahead and then when he made his move, she ignored him and then she called me and asked why my friend was hitting on her and told me that she liked me, I was stupid and just thought maybe she was being honest now so I started going out with her again and we got into a relationship. It lasted 2 months before she started becoming distant with me and I dumped her.

Anyways, just keep doing your thing, dude. Don't worry about her. If she wants you, she knows where to find you and she can work to get your attention, but don't give it to her unless you think she deserves it.

Most Helpful Girl

• She sounds socially awkward. She doesn’t know what she wants but she likes your attention. Honestly... she’s the one that messed up. And she wants you to chase her. And she’s asking now because you are showing signs of “not caring” by not really talking to her. She’s not really for anything more than friendly office flirting. I’d leave her be. She’s going to make you crazy.