Should I be bothered by his ex?

Please dont judge me :( Long story short; the guy that i have been dating for like almost a year now had a 3 year old relationship eith his now ex girlfriend ( who is a mutual friend ). They had a breakup, i too was in a 3 year relationship with my now ex who i have no contacts with for over a year now. Both of us broke up at around the same time. He did mention to me that he still talks to his ex but that is platonic, nothing wht we currently have. I have no girl issues, he could talk to any girl but when ex is involved, i get bothered by that. Like when we are having a whatsapp conversation, and he *sees* my message a little late, i go to the point where i see her ex is online as well and ofcourse he could possibly be replying her as well. I have told him i am not comfortable with that; to which he days he has his own way of handling things. He is yet to ask me out, ( says he needs time) never told me he loves me but we have physical/sexual relations ( no intercourse though) . We have perfect communication and we almost never fight. He makes me feel so loved and does everything that makes me fall deeper for him. I just don't feel okay with his ex still dropping around like that :/
P. s they don't meet up in person; just a message talk.
Am i being paranoid? I would appreciate sincere answers, thank you :)

12

Most Helpful Guy

• Its human nature its territorial I mean wouldn't everyone protect the things they care about. So your not wrong but I would keep an eye out besides you should know how it was like to rip someone from your life.

I dated a girl for 2 years and got emotionally attached like damn and well it took me a while to get over it

• So is it that he is still attached to her emotionally like you just mentioned?

• Very likely I mean when you date someone for that long they become a part of you but overtime it gets better

• Alright thank you so much, aopreciate that :)