Would you date a guy who is permanently confined to a wheelchair?

So im currently an 18 year old of leas than average attractiveness but entirelly mentally and neurophycoligically sound and i will lilely be confined to a wheelchair for the rest pf my life but i have never had any romantic relations with another person is there any chance for me in terms of dating

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I am disabled so this no doubt will seem a bit hypocritical of me. I am not interested in dating disabled people. I am not confined to a wheelchair but I have very poor balance and am a bit lacking in coordination. Because I need help around the house or when out, I don't date other disabled folk. However, there's plenty of time for you to meet someone! It is best you approach everyone with confidence instead of questioning yourself. I would suggest watching some videos from molly burke, who is blind, to understand the idea of dating while disabled. She explains herself and my own ideas on approaching it very well.

0|0
    0|0
    • I've gotta say i very much appreciate your honesty in my case datings not really an option due to my low dependancy (similiar to parkinsons but im 18) and i do agree with you i mean it would certainly depend on dependancy but having to low to moderate dependancy people in a relationship is a recipe for disaster

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 16

• I think you'd need a deep connection and understanding first.

The fact you're in a wheelchair doesn't matter, it's how WE as a couple will deal with it. How independent you are, I guess? Financially, physically. If I want to grow old with you, can we afford it? Will you be able to work?

I don't know. That's just me though 😂

1|0
    0|0
  • There was this guy in a wheelchair back when I first went to college when I was about 18 or 19 and this guy went to the dance club every weekend. I don’t know how he did it but he had girls constantly grinding up on him, girls sitting on his lap and so on. It’s definitely not impossible. That dude proved it.

0|0
    0|0
  • If the guys nice enough it wouldn't really bother me. But my advice to you would be don't let the wheelchair define you, let your personality shine through past it. Don't think of it as the biggest thing about you, you get what I mean? Like a funny guy with shorts on isn't the guy with shorts, he's the funny guy. If you define yourself with your wheelchair, then others will too. Dont stress about it, its not that big of a deal. Gl!!!

0|0
    0|0
  • Ok lets be real, i love how everyone on here says its not a big deal.. hey guess what it is.. im a pretty women and i get turned down for all kinds of shallow reasons like i have a kid or i have blonde hair.. so fact of the matter is your going to get turned down as well. But luckily there is someone out there for everyone and you will eventually meet a woman who loves you inside & out so do not stress. I will also second the statement dont let the wheelchair define you. Become someone where if you were around new people the next day they would say remember that guy with the awesome pick up lines or the guy that had the whole room laughing instead of remember that guy in the wheelchair.

1|0
    0|0
  • I know many people in wheelchairs that have girlfriends. Stay confident:) the right ones out there some where.

0|0
    0|0
  • Of course at some pt u'll meet some1, u shouldn't really worry about that

0|0
    0|0
  • It wouldn't matter , but because you already know that you will be in the wheelchair for rest of your life , then make sure to learn how to live your life with your wheelchair , what i mean by that is you need to be independent even in a wheelchair , dont let the wheelchair discourage you to do things you wanna do instead show people that even if you are in the wheelchair you dont differ to other people that can walk. You an do things like other people can do. In terms of love , i need to be honest especially nowadays its hard to find someone that can really love you the way you wanna be loved but do not stop from there , just work on yourself , get better be strong and next you know it you have the one person at your side , in sickness and in health when you least expect it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Of course you have a chance. Being in a wheelchair wouldn't change it

0|0
    0|0
  • Definitely if I love the person

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes. if we love each other I don’t see the problem

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah, sure

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes I would

0|0
    0|0
  • Absolutely. Wouldn't matter to me

0|0
    0|0
  • Sure.

0|0
    0|0
  • Of course. My sister is in a wheelchair, so it makes no difference to me as long as he is an awesome person.

1|0
    0|0
  • I would date you if I was into guys 😄 I wouldn’t mind, it’s more about personality than anything else.

0|0
    1|0

Recommended myTakes