When do you tell your family and friends about the person you're recently dating?

When do you tell your family and friends about the person you're recently dating/seeing?
  • After first date
    Vote A
  • After few dates
    Vote B
  • After we make it official
    Vote C
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I usually tell my family right away, after the first date, at least mention in some way. They don't expect it to become something serious if I date someone, so I'm comfortable telling them about people I date.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• I told my parents about my boyfriend after we made it official which was for us a month after we met.
    My boyfriend told his parents about around the same month I told my parents about him.
    As for friends
    It was early he introduced me as his girlfriend maybe week or 2 and I did the same.

1|0
    0|0
    • But his parents and mines knew that we were just friends at first so they knew but told them that we made it official to be in a long term relationship.

• I haven't told my family about my boyfriend and he's been my boyfriend for almost 4 months lol I don't want any family drama or pressure on our relationship yet hah I need to get him prepared to meet my scary family

0|0
    0|0
  • I tell my friends right away. I tell my parents when we are offfical. They think I’m too young to date so I don’t see a need to make them angry

1|0
    0|0
  • It doesn't matter when I told my family when it was 9 months and my boyfriend told his family when it was 1 month so it doesn't matter when... but no matter what they can't separate you and your so.. and it is none of there business who u r dating and what is going on in y'all life to... and if they try to separate y'all ignore them..

0|0
    0|0
  • After we make it official. And whenever he's ready. (If the right one comes along.)

1|1
    0|0
  • The day before he knocks on my door to introduce himself to my parents prior to going on our first date.

0|0
    0|0
  • A couple months into the relationship. I’m not close with my family so I choose not to bother them with short term relationships.

0|0
    0|0
  • Although it may not "make or break" my decision. The opinion of my family is important to me. Which is why I personally prefer to make my relationship known to my family before making it official.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't tell my family about any gal in dating, until we are officially in a relationship 👍🏾

0|1
    0|0
  • As long as it only concerns dating, I have never told this my family since I am an adult

0|0
    0|0
  • Once I feel confident..
    *ahem*
    Strict family here..

0|0
    0|0
  • When thwy propose marriage. If not then there is no point.

0|0
    0|0
  • After we make it official. As I expected, they don't like him.

0|0
    0|0
  • If she is the one I'm planning to marry pr i'm dead serious with her

0|0
    0|0
  • I would tell after first date, but that's just me. I'm close with my family.

0|0
    0|0
  • No s

0|0
    0|0
    • No sense telling them too soon even if the first date is a special occasion.

• Never

0|0
    1|0
  • never she is part of my private life

0|0
    2|0
  • My family is weird, so not for awhile

0|0
    0|0
  • it depends how your parents would like it

0|0
    0|0
  • After you get pregnant

0|0
    2|0
  • never planning to tell them

0|0
    1|0
  • When they ask me where I'm heading of to.

0|0
    0|0
  • I've never dated someone

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't tell my family anything ever

0|0
    0|0
  • Only when she is marriage material

0|0
    0|0
  • Never... My family will freak out

0|0
    0|0
  • After about a month or 2 of dating

0|0
    0|0
  • After first date... too excited

0|0
    0|0
  • When we confirm our relationship ourselves

0|0
    0|0
  • 2 weeks before you move in together

0|0
    0|0
  • After years

0|0
    0|0
  • I find it so hard to tell my parents. They are not judging at all, I just like complete privacy since I was a kid. I'm weird.

0|0
    0|0
  • I would tell my friends about him after few dates
    I would tell my family about him after we make it official

0|0
    0|0
  • when they ask.. they understand i see someone when i start to go out very often in the evenings

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes