Is it still customary to pull out your dates chair at dinner? Or is that overdoing it?

913

Most Helpful Guy

• well is depends. if you have to go out of your way to jump infront of her and pull the chair, fuck off. but if, say, it's part of the "flow of things" then it can still be a pretty cute gesture.

not customary, but if you're smooth about it and don't cause a scene and you really want to add "pulled a chair" to your bucket list.

Most Helpful Girl

• It’s not customary but because chivalry is so rare these days when guys do it- the gesture is often appreciated.

My dad held the door open for my mom, pulled chairs for her and because I was raised witnessing these things, I admire when I see people doing it to this day.