Is it still customary to pull out your dates chair at dinner? Or is that overdoing it?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• well is depends. if you have to go out of your way to jump infront of her and pull the chair, fuck off. but if, say, it's part of the "flow of things" then it can still be a pretty cute gesture.

not customary, but if you're smooth about it and don't cause a scene and you really want to add "pulled a chair" to your bucket list.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• It’s not customary but because chivalry is so rare these days when guys do it- the gesture is often appreciated.

My dad held the door open for my mom, pulled chairs for her and because I was raised witnessing these things, I admire when I see people doing it to this day.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• I have never had anyone do that to me, and I rather pull my own chair. I appreciate other polite gestures, but I think that's just really unnecessary.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't think it is customary anymore because I've never had it done for me and I rarely see it done in public. However, if a guy pulled my chair out at dinner it would make a good impression. I'm very traditional so I love the old time etiquette.

0|0
    0|0
  • This is the proper way to do it. lol
    gifrific.com/.../PSY-Pulls-Out-Chair-Gentleman.gif

0|0
    0|0
  • It hasn't been customary for ages, but some people still do it. Do what you want. If you do, I think you'll get a positive reaction for most women.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think it's polite, girls may even be impressed by it. As you know girls nowadays say, "Chivalry is dead." Prove them wrong.

1|0
    0|0
  • I think it's a great thing.. Men open doors and pull out chair.. Momma and or daddy did a good job with you

0|1
    0|1
  • I think most women would appreciate it. A lot of women want to be treated as a princess.

It's traditional but you can of you want. Personally I don't believe in chivalry.

0|0
    0|0
  • I enjoy this if it’s in the flow of things. I wouldn’t expect him to jump out of his seat to do it though.

0|0
    0|0
  • It’s been done to me by my first love. I found it cute

0|0
    0|0
  • Overdoing it. Women want to do everything for themselves now

0|0
    0|0
  • I read "is it still customary to pull out"... always pull out

0|0
    0|0
  • i would do but I'm old fashioned so i would be curious about this as well

0|0
    0|0
  • I still pull my dates chair out so I don't think it is overdoing it

0|0
    0|0
  • kinda overdoing it

0|0
    0|1
  • Overdoing it a bit

0|0
    0|0
  • Overdoing it

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes do it and fuck the haters

0|1
    0|0
  • She will think you are a complete mangina and her pussy will dry up like the Sahara.

0|0
    0|0
  • It doesn't matter, the important thing is to remember to pull out after dinner...

0|1
    0|0
  • I personally don’t like it but there are some girls that do. If you’re decent at reading people then you could do it once and see how they react to it. Whether you do it or not, I doubt someone is going to make a big deal about it.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes