Is being anti social a bad thing?

1126

Most Helpful Girl

• Not really I think.
    You just like some space and some time for yourself and that's fine.

Most Helpful Guy

1025
  • Many people misuse the word "antisocial." Do you actually mean "asocial" or "antisocial?"

• Yes. I’m anti social because I have Aspergers and it sucks.

• Only to the extent it interferes with your daily life and ability to function at school and/or work.

• I guess its easier being social because many things in life require u to socialize. It's better if you like to do it, and it does make life a lot harder if u hate it like i do. But it doesn't mean that there is anything wrong with you or that its the end of the world. (Sometimes you have to be reminded of that). Different people like different things. You probably thrive in some other area. Find it if you haven't already.

• Yes. People are important. Relationships can provide strong support and enrich our lives.
    You don't have to meet and like everyone but keep at least a few close string relationships.
    Also people are happier we they do things and when they're with people. Sequestering yourself from others starts patterns that isolate you and make you unhappy.

• Being antisocial can be bad if you hurt yourself or others around you. If you're just shy, and don't talk with people much, that OK (some people are like that). But if you are hurting people around you, or yourself, then I would recommend seeking help. It could be a sign of depression, or other psychological symptoms that need to be addressed before they become a bigger problem in your life. .

• You mean asocial.
    Antisocial individuals are literally a threat to society, they purposely destroy things and hurt people.
    Asocial people on the other hand are harmless.

• adjective

1.

contrary to the laws and customs of society; devoid of or antagonistic to sociable instincts or practices.

Yes by definition. People are better if they fit in society rather than can't adapt and cause trouble.

• Yes, if it's so bad that it impacts on how they function in society.

• I think you mean unsociable. You prefer not to be around other people. It's personal choice, but good or bad. .
    Anti social is something else and is normally a bad thing.
    Am I right?

• Yes... behind this behaviour usually are some traumatic events experienced with people.

• In psychological terms, many people confuse anti-social behavior with asocial behavior. Anti-sociality is a full-blown personality disorder. People who have this have no regard for people's feelings and cannot differ from right and wrong. Usually known for manipulation and harsh treatment, aka a sociopath.
    Asocial, on the other hand, is what you might be thinking of and what people often confuse the two. Asocial is basically a withdrawal from society. Their outlook on life itself takes the motivation out of socializing. It's not a personality disorder but an extreme case might need medical attention. Not to be confused with introversion, however, that's much different, healthy and normal.
    The question I would like to ask is, in what context are you asking this question?

• Depends on what the society is like. For example Jesus, Buddha and co were anti socials. They gave a new better way to socialise with each other and revealed to us what's bad about the current ones. In time their words became the foundation of the new society and now they are people who are being anti social against their words and trying to convince that there are better ways to live together.
    So it depends... If anti social activity leads to destruction of social harmony then it's bad otherwise its good and will lead to a better tomorrow.

• Anti social as a personality type? Or anti social personality disorder, AKA sociopathy?

• Can be.. u close yourself of from people and friends its not heathy.

• No it is not bad.

• Nah, people suck.

• Not if you prefer being a loner!

• Yes.

• Anti social or introverted?

• It's a bad thing

• Not really

• It can be

• It can be

• Yupp

• No, seocity is not for every one

• Not at all.

• Yeah

• It is a yes and no answer

• Nope thats being smart

• Not at all—I think most of us on here are XD

• No cause then it shows me they don’t get along with people. I am a people person I like being around people. I believe this maniac’s go in school shooting, or concerts, there anti social.

• Personally, I don’t think being anti social is a bad thing. Really it’s all about how much of an anti social person you are. I don't know. It’s nice to just spend time with yourself, but it’s also nice to go out with people and have fun. I think you should balance it out.

• Yes.

• Yes because to be anti social is to actively disrupt other people's lives. If you're asocial then you're just not interested in interacting with other people, which in the extreme is pretty bad for your mental health but if it's only to a small degree it's fine