I'm more attracted to much older men than boys my age... is this normal or wrong?

I'm 15, 16 this summer. I've never had a boyfriend but I have been asked out a few times. I kissed one of my friends once to see what it was like but I didn't feel anything. Later that day I went home and fantasised about kissing my much older art teacher. He is grey, and I think he is married too. I didn't know how attracted to him I was until I imagined kissing him instead. I think it was the first time I ever felt my heart rush like that. Now I feel like not turning up to his classes because I feel so embarrassed around him. He isn't the only older man I have felt attracted to but he is the guy I like the most. Is it normal I'm thinking about greying men instead of boys in my class? Will I grow out of it? Will I end up liking wrinkly old men in ten years time? Because the thought of kissing someone too old creeps me out more than kissing someone my age.

0|1

Most Helpful Girl

• Pfft I've always loved an older man I didn't exactly have sex with them til over 18 and that's who I like an older man or man that thinks older than my own age why? That's who guides leads a woman best

Also I've had no father and this was daddy issues and my brothers don't mind to be it and I picked my husband of all

1|1
    0|0
    • Didn't exactly?

• Show All
    • Hahaha this guy makes me laugh he does peso alert and why take an interest? Get a life asswipe

• Just learn what is dad dear become him if you can

Most Helpful Guy

• It's normal. WhenI was in HS, most girls had 3-4 years older bfs. Girls mature faster and this has its own effects.

Just be mindful about what you can and cannot do.

0|0
    0|0
    • I'm not just attracted to 3-4 years older, but more like 20 years older. I'm fully aware that I can't talk to these guys or approach them... and that just makes it even more harder for me

• Well... That is more unusual. But I know a few guys and girls who are attracted to much older people.

In my county, age of consent is 14 so technically it is not an issue.

But trying to have your ways with a teacher rarely ends well.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• I don't think that is entirely unusual for girls your age
    As you are maturing you seek some validation to the self perceived maturity by being attracted to icons of maturity or father figures
    It is likely to normalize as you mature further unless you cultivate it into a behavioural pattern

1|0
    0|0
  • Some females grow out of being attracted to older guys, some don't
    There is nothing wrong with being attracted to older people, just like there is nothing wrong with being attracted to younger people
    Just as long as anything intimate or sexual only happens when both people are legal age and that neither person hurts the other or anyone else

1|0
    0|0
  • Yeah, that puts him in a bad situation though there's nothing else inherently wrong with it. You probably will end up like guys closer to your age as you get older.
    Go to class and don't let a fantasy that can't happen affect your schoolwork. Just show self control.

1|0
    0|0
  • A good example of love is blind honey, everything is normal, it's all about hormones in the body, different people have different hormones no 2 individuals r same, don't compare urself with the world, u r unique in ur own way

1|0
    0|0
  • I totally feel you, girl. Same here. I’ve never liked my peers, ever. Yes, I was in some kind of relationship with one of them, but it was just horrible. Mature men are much hotter. Damn sexy silverfoxes!

0|0
    0|0
  • First, don't. Second, just because you're attracted to a 40 year old now doesn't mean you'll want a 60 year old in 20 years. I doubt it's linear.

1|0
    0|0
  • At your age you should not be attracted to anyone !!!

0|0
    1|2
  • This has been asked before, I think its just a safe feeling girls have

1|0
    0|0
  • We can't help who or what we are attracted to

1|0
    0|0
    • You make it sound like I will be attracted to cats next! Oh dear God I finally understand crazy cat ladies.

• Yes it is very normal - especially for teen girls.

1|0
    0|0
  • Join me fst

0|0
    0|1
    • No offence but you aren't ever going to pick a girl up talking like a creep.

• to me its normal

1|0
    0|0
  • It's normal and will pass.

1|0
    0|0
  • Just means you have daddy issues

1|0
    0|0
  • Fake user. Pedo trap!

0|0
    0|0
    • I'm 100% real. Tell me how to send a picture and I'll write something on a piece of paper to prove it's me.

• I might like older guys but I would never talk to one or meet up in person. I know how dangerous it is. That just adds to the whole problem of me liking them

• No thanks, Mr Hanson. Try reddit.

Recommended myTakes