Help, my parents are gonna be so disappointed and disgusted with me, what should I do?

My parents are trying to get in contact with me after I walked out on them. They are really old fashioned and as a kid we’d do things like go horse back riding and I had to call them mother or father. We were basically rich snobs who lived in a rich, snobby neighborhood. I had had enough of my parents controlling me and I had decided to sneak out and get some fresh air. Before I knew it I was in an alleyway being surrounded by some really dodgy looking men. I was in a sparkly dress and looked either like a target for thieves or a retard from a play so obviously I was scared. But one of the guys told them to leave me alone and we started talking. His friends hated me obviously, I was a rich, posh snob who was crying because I was scared about being in an edgy alleyway. Me and this man started dating and when I told my dad we had a huge argument and I walked out on him. My Boyfriend had a house but most of the time he wasn’t in it anyway and was on the streets so my dad always told me I’d come running back and my boyfriend and his friends called where they stayed ‘the hood’ it was basically a rough neighbourhood but I started getting on really well with everyone in it and we are all now close friends and 2 years later my parents wants to visit me. They’ll be disappointed and disgusted with me, what should I do?

16

Most Helpful Guy

• Just talk to them and try to make the best of it.

I'm not going to claim it'll go well because "all parents love their children no matter what" becuase that's a load of crap. I know enough people with shit parents to have seen that reality.

That being said, I don't think your parents would want to see you if they didn't love you. And if they really do, then they will probably accept you the way you are :)

Most Helpful Girl

• They're your parents. Give them a chance. They're hearts have been broken