Why is it so hard to simply get an attractive woman to swipe right?

I'm a good looking guy with a good aura surrounding myself. There's no hardened bad boy exterior here. I'm a little bit materialistic but I can afford to be. I have a well paying job, style and nice clothes, cars, traveling, sports and music and attending events, etc. I like it all. So why is it seemingly so impossible to just get a few likes from attractive women online? Why should I think it's any different to impress or attract them in real life if they don't even like my photos or bio? It's just crazy. It shouldn't be this hard, given who I am, to appear attractive to someone.

I rarely get matches to begin with and I'm not even unattractive. It. Makes. No. Sense. My time is valuable. It's not like I'm some loser that has nothing going on in life.
This got way more hits than expected, allow me to clear the air on this. I'm just a good, clean cut guy. What I posted here does *not* reflect how I wrote my bio. But, you might see that what I've posted here can be perceived and is reflected in photos I have chosen for my profile, and from the positive vibes in my online bio.

I don't present myself as having any sort of ego, but for the sake of my dilemma and question, I was simply stating who I am on paper. If that sounds arrogant, sorry?

3257

Most Helpful Girl

• All of the things above that you described about yourself could actually be the reason why women don't "Like" you. You may have appeared to be too good to be true, or you appeared to be true but too arrogant and intimidating.

Let's put aside the compliments I get from guys and men after seeing my pictures, but when they hadn't read my profile... I am a healthcare professional with my Bachelor's degree, and I have a respectable profession, but honestly, do I think that a man who's handsome, dressed in-style and fashionable, makes a lot of money, with a successful career, will have his eyes on me? ... No... I think that he would think nobody could match up to him, although I don't understand why he would spend his time there, because I've created a man profile before and what I saw in other girls, was either cashier as a job, and/or no college degree, or wanting to "have fun," etc. So can anyone really match up to a successful man?

It also depends on what your profile says about you, and what you're looking for. If you're a handsome, successful man looking for "fun" while an "attractive" woman (in your definition) is looking for long-term, then she's not going to swipe right.

• This is very true

• But I still feel that men get to approach women more freely compared to women approaching men... but I think it really depends on your intention and how you present yourself on the the dating app/site. I've never seen your dating profile, so it's really hard to tell what the barrier is for girls to talk to you more.

Maybe it's because you're looking for different things (short-term physical needs vs. long-term relationship) or maybe those girls just weren't that sincere. Did they have appropriate pictures, or did they look like they were advertising for some porn websites? (No offense. I've seen girls like those, although they may look pretty. I had hit "Like" on guys who said they didn't smoke, but posted pictures of them smoking. They looked like players to me, but I just wanted to know if they could really hold a conversation) Did they have intro in their profiles, or only pictures as if they didn't bother to let the guys know about them?

• I always looked at signs that might indicate insincerity. Or maybe you're on the "wrong" app. We talked to much on here. I feel that we could have messaged each other haha... but I've been there before. I thought I'd never find a guy whom I can connect with, but I think I did, and I'm in the process of finding out more about it.

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't think you should brag like that, it's not a good approach. Though I will say that if it was a woman in your situation people would sympathize with her, yeah. However I can understand the root of your frustration to some degree. Ultimately women on dating sites and apps treat men like a meat market. They don't care if you like them, it's about if they like you. They have a very large I-can-take-my-pick mentality.

These sites were made for both single men and women but ultimately they really just empower women and feed their ego, and I think that even translates over to their real lives in how they treat men in real situations.

I still think it's better to meet women in teal life.

• No, I get you. Because if a woman wanted to be confident in her looks, career status, bio, etc. most people wouldn't be speaking against her for it.