What does a heart reaction in a text mean?

So I was into this girl for a few months until I found out she had an on and off boyfriend who she lived with. At one point I told her I should be the only one she looks at. After I found out I went no contact on her for almost six months. She called out of the blue about a week ago to catch up and we talked for almost an hr until midnight. A few days later I asked her if she just wanted to hang out with a few of us not like a date or anything, she said she had other plans (which I knew of and was invited to by others). I told her that my original plans fell through and that I'd be going to her event, she sent a heart reaction, not an emoji but on iMessage you can react to a text and she sent one of those.

Before my no contact, whenever I told her I was going to her events she responded with an "ok great" or something similar. This was the first time I ever received a heart. I'm also 99.9999% sure she's still with her boyfriend. I know everyone will say I'm wasting my time with her because she has a boyfriend but does the heart reaction mean anything or am I just reading too much into it?

11