What does a heart reaction in a text mean?

So I was into this girl for a few months until I found out she had an on and off boyfriend who she lived with. At one point I told her I should be the only one she looks at. After I found out I went no contact on her for almost six months. She called out of the blue about a week ago to catch up and we talked for almost an hr until midnight. A few days later I asked her if she just wanted to hang out with a few of us not like a date or anything, she said she had other plans (which I knew of and was invited to by others). I told her that my original plans fell through and that I'd be going to her event, she sent a heart reaction, not an emoji but on iMessage you can react to a text and she sent one of those.

Before my no contact, whenever I told her I was going to her events she responded with an "ok great" or something similar. This was the first time I ever received a heart. I'm also 99.9999% sure she's still with her boyfriend. I know everyone will say I'm wasting my time with her because she has a boyfriend but does the heart reaction mean anything or am I just reading too much into it?

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Just calm down, doesn't mean anything in most cases. Especially if there's a possibility she's still with someone.

0|0
    0|0
    • Yea I didn't even respond to it because I figured she was just sending it as saying thanks.

Is there a small chance her making contact after nearly six months of nothing on my part means anything? Like yea she may still be with her boyfriend, but maybe she is loosing interest in him?

• Show All
    • I say it doesn't mean anything. But you can he bold and just ask her to know for sure

• So I went to the event she was having yesterday, we said our hi's at first, then when she wasn't busy she came up to me and said hi again and thanked me like a million times for coming. We chatted for a bit then I suggested, when things calm down for her, we legitimately catch up and not over a random phone call. She seemed interested then apologized and said she's just been crazy busy. She then proceeded to thank me again for coming. I was thinking of seeing if she'd be interested in catching up over drinks. Is it a good idea?

• Reading too much

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes