Is my boyfriend just putting up a front?

The other day, my boyfriend was a little sick, not dying sick, but sick. I went to the hospital with him and he made a post on Facebook posting a picture of his hospital band and captioned it saying how it wasn’t a good night for him but my baby (me) has been with me and she still is so I’m happy I love you baby, but,
recently on my Instagram followers activity feed, I saw a comment he made under one of his exes post. He even liked a few pictures. She had posted a picture of some sour patch popsicles that are hard to find and he commented and asked her where she got them. That was small to me, until I was being nosey and found that once she commented where she got them from, instead of just commenting back, he inboxed her saying, well asking, “Can you get me some?”. For one he could have just said that in the comments. Two, even though it was a small question, it seemed to be his way of slightly flirting just to be able to have a conversation with her. Did he make the post because I truly make him happy? Did he make that post because of the fact that on that particular day and with that particular incident, I really did make him feel better? Or or is he not being honest and genuine about it? He hasn’t been broken up with his ex for long. We have been together for only seven months.

10