Is beauty really in the eye of the beholder?

I don't believe it is.

523

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes it is! What each person thinks is pretty is actually pretty different. Each guy is looking for something different. Now looks are one thing but your personality, what makes you , you that is also beautiful. Looks are not everything, they may get your foot in the door but they don;'t last. All looks are good for is one night stands. Its the person that is beautiful not just the body, it is the whole package. Also guys sometimes are looking at sexy girls specifically but there are some that look for specific nationalities. For instance, I will say right now, I am not into Asian girls, but I know guys that are, and are non-asian themselves. It is all about perception and what they believe to be beautiful. I suppose I can say it in this way. Is it possible for girls to like different dresses or flowers. LIke your friend likes red roses and yellow sundresses but you like violets and green jumpsuits. Its all up to the person. What is pretty is up to the girl to decide. Just like what is beautiful to them is up to them.

Most Helpful Girl

• Hell yeah! Everyone has a “type” & preferences that may differ from each individual. Example: You may meet someone who likes blondes as much as you do. Then you meet someone who thinks blondes look trashy.

You see it within different cultures as well. Each society has their own beauty standards. So the stereotypical attractive female/male in America may appear ugly to non Americans.

Just because someone insults your looks, don’t revolve your world around their opinions. Trust me, there’s bound to be at least a handful who think of you as beautiful.