Is beauty really in the eye of the beholder?

I don't believe it is.

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes it is! What each person thinks is pretty is actually pretty different. Each guy is looking for something different. Now looks are one thing but your personality, what makes you , you that is also beautiful. Looks are not everything, they may get your foot in the door but they don;'t last. All looks are good for is one night stands. Its the person that is beautiful not just the body, it is the whole package. Also guys sometimes are looking at sexy girls specifically but there are some that look for specific nationalities. For instance, I will say right now, I am not into Asian girls, but I know guys that are, and are non-asian themselves. It is all about perception and what they believe to be beautiful. I suppose I can say it in this way. Is it possible for girls to like different dresses or flowers. LIke your friend likes red roses and yellow sundresses but you like violets and green jumpsuits. Its all up to the person. What is pretty is up to the girl to decide. Just like what is beautiful to them is up to them.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Hell yeah! Everyone has a “type” & preferences that may differ from each individual. Example: You may meet someone who likes blondes as much as you do. Then you meet someone who thinks blondes look trashy.

You see it within different cultures as well. Each society has their own beauty standards. So the stereotypical attractive female/male in America may appear ugly to non Americans.

Just because someone insults your looks, don’t revolve your world around their opinions. Trust me, there’s bound to be at least a handful who think of you as beautiful.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• I think it is, at least for me. What I find to be attractive in girls isn't so much the Victoria's Secret model type or the Insta model type. I much prefer the "girl-next-door" type. And there's just a wide variety of ways the girl-next-door can look and be very beautiful in my eyes.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well some people are just ugly to me because of their ugly character. So tell me where is their beauty?
    Beauty is more than a look, trust me.

0|1
    0|0
  • Sure it is, because other people have different opinions. We have all seen some mutually ugly couples that have multiple kids and being 100% honest thought why would you continually want that.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes, what colour do you like? I love orange, people have different taste in everything different dressing style etc etc. What makes you think it's different in any other subject.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes. There isn’t a set definition of beauty. I can look at something or someone and find it beautiful while you can look at the same thing and throw up from disgust.

0|0
    0|0
  • Beauty standards or on a personal level?

I personally don't find models on magazines and media particularly attractive. I prefer a practical, more natural looking girl. Each for their own.

0|0
    0|0
  • No. It s a social construct for what is desirable. You either are or are not.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think my roommates girlfriend is ugly as sin but he thinks she is hotter than any woman alive so...

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes it is most of the time I say I'am attracted to a girl my friends say she ugly or some shit like that.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes it is, I find the girl that takes care of herself but with no makeup on beautiful but my buddy thinks the full made up face beautiful

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes that's what i always say "Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder"

0|0
    0|0
  • I'll say it again.

NO !!

It's in the balls of the beholder.

0|0
    0|0
  • If it wasn't true, people wouldn't say it.

0|0
    0|0
  • No. They are Standards

0|0
    0|0
  • Most definitely! :)

0|0
    0|0
  • No it's not. I agree with you

0|0
    0|0
  • If it's not... where is it than?

0|0
    0|0
  • I think so

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes it is

0|0
    0|0
  • Nah.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes it is.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm fugly but I'm okay with it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends.

0|0
    0|0
  • It is.

I’ve pointed out some attractive guys to my friends and they they a guy I pointed out was unattractive.
    Same with them vice versa.

I’ve seen guys girls dated and asked “ew. Why? He’s an ass”

Ever heard of “they don’t see what I see?”

1|0
    0|0
  • Even I don't believe it.

1|0
    0|0
    • Exactly, it's fucking fake.

• Show All
    • Yep.

• What's your height