Advice needed! Help! What went wrong?

I faked mental illnes to get benefits (disability) from welfare... my friends were doing it and i thought it was a smart idea... but later on.. i regret it... cause now i have on my name bpd... when in fact im not mentally ill. I also did it for attention and pity... from others but i realised this is not who i am and what i stand for... but now i feel like maybe i am ill because why would anyone try to fake it for money or attention?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Wow. What some people won't do. And your friends too? If you "come clean" now, which I would do, I'm guessing first, you'll have to prove it somehow. 2nd, you'll have to pay back the money. And worst case, you'll get charged with fraud. But if you do it (confess - as opposed to them just finding out later you lied), they might be more sympathetic? Might be less consequences?

As far as your need for attention, maybe seek counselling. I don't think you're mentally ill, but you do have some issues you need to work though. Probably childhood issues that is creating this need for attention.

0|1
    0|0
    • yh a friend of mine acts like she is suicidal. one friend even rubs peanut butter on his face to get look crazy. But i didn't apply fkr benefits yet

Most Helpful Girl

• So you thought that it'd be fun to get attention from people and the "advantages" of having a mental illness so you came up with the brilliant idea of fucking acting like you having one. Here's the big picture of it which is that it can be complete hell for people who do have a mental disorder and for people like us it can be hard to tell people we have one because of people like you who fake it and attention. The reason why you're now possibly maybe experiencing these symptoms because you've lied so much you're starting to believe it.

0|0
    0|0
    • i was just thinking about money

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• People who fake symptoms of mental illness can convince themselves that they genuinely have those symptoms, a new study suggests. People will also adopt and justify signs of illness that they never reported themselves when presented with manipulated answers, according to the study published online July 9 in the Journal of Clinical and Experimental Neuropsychology. Not only do the findings demonstrate that deliberately feigning illness can evolve into an unconscious embellishment of symptoms, they indicate that self-perception of mental health is susceptible to suggestion. The study has particularly serious implications for cases in which people fake mental illness to take advantage of the legal system.

www.summitbehavioralhealth.com/.../...Dynamics.jpg

why would anyone try to fake it for money or attention?

Unfortunately in today's world people can do anything to get Attention and Money. I assure you that they will never get inner peace. Inner Peace is more important. That's real success.

0|1
    0|0
  • Hahaha I so hope this catches up to you. You're a piece of shit! Do you know that some people with mental illness struggle to even get by but you and your friends are such scum that you'll just fake it for money? There's nothing wrong with you mentally, you're just a piece of shit and the fact that you're now coming to terms with that scares you.

0|1
    0|0
    • You don't have an antisocial personality disorder like you claim. You're juat trying to make yourself feel less guilty about being a piece of shit!

• what do u mean catch up on me? if i did this for money then i am crazy.

• I hope you get found out and arrested... and no, it doesn't mean you're crazy at all. It means you're moral compass doesn't point north. Many people do it and they are scum.

• You really should've thought that through. It's people like you that make people with actual disabilities hard to get benefits. Luckily for me, my mom was involved when I got my ODSP, or else I probably wouldn't of gotten it because my disability is mild. You should right your wrongs and confess. Yes, you'll loose your money, but it's the right thing to do. And I'm not actually sure about this, but I even think it's illegal to fake a disability for money.

0|0
    0|0
    • i didn't apply for benefits

• Yeah, I just read your reply. Still though, what you did is sick and wrong. You made people who really have mental illnesses and disabilities look bad. I hope you'll right your wrongs.

• i think there s somethin wrong with me... but a friend of mine is faking it... she did apply for benefits and has been getting paychecks for months now... she just acts like she is crazy every single time and she acts like she is suicidal... but in the meanwhile she parties 4 times a week and works a second job

• If you are really sorry then explain what you did to the authorities and accept the consequences of your actions. You aren't ill you are just self obsessed

0|1
    0|0
    • i never applied for benefits... i just went to a psychologist (psych ward) and pretended i was ill... but that was 7 months ago... i can't change the fact that i have that on paper... if i said i did for money she will simply say i have an antisocial personality disorder

• I'm not trying to be mean, but that's really sick. You must have that thing where you fake a sickness to get attention.

• thats why i am saying... could i really be mentally ill?

• Aaaah don't you love it when a plan back fires 😂 like why do that in the first place? Like better explain to them and tell them to perform a test on you to prove u ain't mentally ill

0|0
    0|0
    • i didn't know the consequences

• Show All
    • so lying that ur emotionally unstable for money makes u a stable person? when u can just get a job? the love for money cannot push someeone to do something drastic... im telling u if i did this for money then there is something wrong... this has life long consequences... i must have something and that could be a antisocial personaity

• You lie for money doesn't make you mentally I'll it means you scam for money

• Your not mentally ill you need to get a job.

0|1
    0|0
    • well that could be a problem since im mentally ill on paper now

• All I can say is, you made your bed, sleep in it.

0|0
    0|0
    • ? whats that

• Show All
    • Obviously it already has as I have stated. Maybe if you can't understand what I'm saying to you, then you should have someone read it to you and explain it better.

• what are u talking about? ur saying there will be problems? i didn't even apply for benefits... the only problem i have is that i have it on my name... thats it.

• Well, it's because you are an attention whore.

0|0
    0|0
  • Wtf.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes