Advice needed! Help! What went wrong?

I faked mental illnes to get benefits (disability) from welfare... my friends were doing it and i thought it was a smart idea... but later on.. i regret it... cause now i have on my name bpd... when in fact im not mentally ill. I also did it for attention and pity... from others but i realised this is not who i am and what i stand for... but now i feel like maybe i am ill because why would anyone try to fake it for money or attention?

38

Most Helpful Guy

• Wow. What some people won't do. And your friends too? If you "come clean" now, which I would do, I'm guessing first, you'll have to prove it somehow. 2nd, you'll have to pay back the money. And worst case, you'll get charged with fraud. But if you do it (confess - as opposed to them just finding out later you lied), they might be more sympathetic? Might be less consequences?

As far as your need for attention, maybe seek counselling. I don't think you're mentally ill, but you do have some issues you need to work though. Probably childhood issues that is creating this need for attention.

• yh a friend of mine acts like she is suicidal. one friend even rubs peanut butter on his face to get look crazy. But i didn't apply fkr benefits yet

Most Helpful Girl

• So you thought that it'd be fun to get attention from people and the "advantages" of having a mental illness so you came up with the brilliant idea of fucking acting like you having one. Here's the big picture of it which is that it can be complete hell for people who do have a mental disorder and for people like us it can be hard to tell people we have one because of people like you who fake it and attention. The reason why you're now possibly maybe experiencing these symptoms because you've lied so much you're starting to believe it.

• i was just thinking about money