Are overweight women really marginalized in dating?

Based on your personal experience and observation, do you think that overweight women "BBW" are really marginalized in the dating world? If so to what extent?

detailed and thoughtful answers are appreciated

1319

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it depends on her physical fitness, her work ethic, her strength and stamina, her intelligence, her happiness, her confidence and her personality. I know very over weight woman who have an easy time getting guys cause they are extremely good in their careers and don't mind difficult physical tasks like climbing or walking or working a 10 hour shift and I know very over weight woman who can't find anybody willing to date them because they are neither intelligent or virtuous or chaste or hard working or strong or happy or fashionable or confident or funny or nice.

Most Helpful Guy

• I have dated women who are A FEW pounds overweight and had no problem with that. However, I am not attracted to women who are 30+ pounds overweight, To me, there is nothing cute or attractive about a pudgy face. I suspect that many guys feel the same way. We all have our flaws and deficits to overcome but I suspect that the women who call themselves "BBW" have great difficulty with dating. Of course, this is a problem which they could address in a constructive and healthy way. . . if that was their choice.