Dating a farmer?

My boyfriend is a farmer. WE RARELY ever see each other, it's planting season now. And I kinda got a little mad today cause he canceled.. now I feel like a bad girlfriend. I didn't know he was farming till he told me. We literally only see each other once a week, and now we don't see each other for about 3 weekends he's been busy and not able to see me. But when he does see me, he makes me happy and such. I don't know what to do, I love him. I am a city girl so I don't really know anything about farming. I tried to be understanding. He treats me so good and hasn't pressured me into anything I didn't wanna do. Should I stick it out?

14

Most Helpful Guy

• I saw a really funny poster one time, it was a bunch of hot girls hanging all over farm equipment. The poster said, "They just found out a tractor cost more than a BMW".

Farming is seasonal. When it is planting and harvesting time, the work is from sunup to sundown, and sometimes longer. But the rest of the year, time can be flexible (unless there is livestock).

Why are you complaining about him not going to see you? He should be the one complaining that you are not going to see him. You could sit with him in the tractor and keep him company (and mess around if you want).

• Lol that's hilarious.
      That's true, in the winters he was there. I just wanna see him for like 2 seconds and I would be good lol. He just grows crops, how long will this be for? I really could. But he hasn't asked me.

• How long depends on how he is planting and how much land to cover.

Just call him on the phone and say, "Hey, I'm going to come visit you. I would love to learn about what you are doing."

Most Helpful Girl

• Do what makes you happy.
    Stay with the person who makes you happy.