• whoever asked to go on the date
    Vote E
  • other
    Vote F
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Whoever asked to go on the date. If I asked a woman on a date and then present her with the check, that would be kind of weird would it not? Likewise if she asked me on a date and expected me to pay would also throw me off.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• The bill should be split, unless it's a long term relationship. Then it's fine if sometimes he pays and sometimes she does.

2|2
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Either take turns if it's a steady couple or split the bill.

1|1
    0|0
  • A guy recently told me that if we were to go on a date, he wouldn’t allow me to pay for anything. I of course think it’s unfair, I don’t want to seem like I’m using him for money, I’d love to pay my part. But some guys insist I guess. Taking turns is alright in my opinion

2|0
    0|0
  • We should halfen every time unless someone is absolutely broke. By that, i mean, if u really wanna go somewhere and u really want them to come, then you will pay to bring them along

1|0
    0|0
  • The girl should pay the first time to show she isn't just going to be using the guy, then take turns after that.

0|0
    1|0
    • couldn't this be the other way around though also? yea the girl is proving there not after the money here but what about the guy? and doesn't it show it also if they always pay for there own if u view it this way

• There's a long established history of women using men for money. It would be a good start if she showed she wasn't that way.

• but it could be the same with guys also

• At your age your parents are probably paying for the date anyway. I think it should be split evenly amongst the 2 partners. You should offer to pay but if the guy insist on covering the whole bill let him

0|0
    1|0
    • And if the girl insists on paying the bill?
      What happens when there is a power struggle over who is going to pay?

• I’m being honest here. Most girls expect the guy to pay so most girls won’t insist unless they know their boyfriends are going through some sort of financial problems

• Maybe it's just the women I end up dating, but none of them have expected me to pay (some even argued when out for their own birthdays etc.)

There was a video that went around social media a little while ago, where women where asking a guy questions at a seminar.
      One woman asked when they should start paying for dates, his response was that if men are paying for the dates, surely the women are sleeping with them straight away, that they are worth more than men so they shouldn't have to pay etc. It was interesting.

Long story short, there is equality, people have strived for it for years. Why would some parts of that equality not matter when others clearly do?

NEVER expected anything. If you can't afford to do something, don't do it.

• If she does not have as much money as me, I would pay. If we're both at about the same economic level, I would say split it. As a guy, I won't date if I can't at least pay for my part.

1|0
    0|0
  • Both pay their part. Especially on first date. If things get serious then you can take turns. But until then, the guy pays his part, the girl does the same, and everyone is happy.

2|1
    0|0
  • whoever asks the other should pay... common curtesy for paying back the other for actually asking and making plans...

I bet we'll start having a bunch of girls asking for dates now LOL

1|0
    0|0
    • that will never happen. Girls will be asked 90% of the time

• @MrNameless but if the customs were instead the one asked is the one that pays lol...
      girls will wanna avoid paying more than asking lol..

• I wouldn't pay. She wouldn't pay either. She'd prove her love by showing she's just as good as me at evading the police

1|2
    0|0
  • whoever asked by the respectful thing to do is offer if you were asked. shows that you care enough about there effort.

1|0
    0|0
  • I always pay for my own and my boyfriend does the same but we aren’t too uptight about it cause we buy each other snacks and stuff without expecting being paid back

1|0
    0|0
  • He pays for whatever he ordered, she pays for whatever she ordered. There’s no way to justify men having to pay for women just because women have the right genitalia

1|0
    0|0
  • Personally i would probably pay for it just because i want to show i’m a generous guy. But I think that it should be a split and.

1|0
    0|0
  • E. It's pretty fucked to ask someone out and not pay for the date. Whichever gender does the asking.

3|0
    0|0
  • I think it's nice for the guy to pay for the first couple. After that I don't see anything wrong with splitting the bill or taking turns

2|0
    0|0
  • Whoever invited
    If I am nit broke and connected well with the girl, I d like to gie a nice gesture and pay for her

1|0
    0|0
  • Call me old fashioned but the first date I always pay for and feel all men should do the same. After that, split it or take turns.

1|0
    0|0
  • Whoever asked on the first date, then onwards split the bill. It's so easy

1|0
    0|0
  • Pay for their own OR ask before if you are allowed to tread them

1|0
    0|0
  • He should pay for the date, and she should also pay for the date, everyone should pay for the date

1|0
    0|0
  • Gentleman's handbook. The one asking for the date should be treating for it.

1|0
    0|0
  • Why is this even a question... Are dates so expensive that you need to share?

0|0
    1|0
  • I would go on a date as far the other agrees to pay for the half

1|0
    0|0
  • I was raised for the man to pay on the first couple dates but taking turns is alright

1|0
    0|0
  • The government j/k

3|3
    0|0
  • Girls should pay, because equality.

0|0
    1|1
    • how would this be fair to the girls though?

• Show All
    • She:
      Works less hours.
      Takes a butt load of sick days.
      Doesn't have similar experience.
      Has a worthless degree.
      Didn't negotiate for a higher pay.

• this is definetly not right. some girls work there asses off more then guys. it can be both ways

• Other

1|0
    0|0
  • Split or take turns.

1|0
    0|0
  • Girls

0|1
    1|0
  • Girls should pay for the date

0|0
    1|0
  • First date split it, after that alternate.

2|1
    0|0
  • Just split it or pay for whatever you had.

1|0
    0|0
  • Take turns, it's only fair.

1|1
    0|0
  • Whoever asked to go on the date

1|1
    0|1
  • No real right or wrong answer to this.

1|0
    0|0
  • Pay for their own

1|0
    0|0
  • Who ever did the asking out

1|0
    0|0
  • Take turns/both offer to pay.

1|0
    0|0
  • Split, always split

1|1
    0|0
  • Go dutch

1|1
    0|0
  • it must be half half %50 %50 :DDD

1|0
    0|0
  • Split it

1|0
    0|0
  • sometimes is good help each other

1|0
    0|0
  • There's no right answer lol

1|0
    0|0
  • tom cruise

1|0
    0|0
  • whoever asked

1|0
    0|0
  • Whoever couldn't slip out unnoticed

0|0
    1|0
  • The guy.

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't ask, so the guy should always pay for the first date, I don't even eat much so he shouldn't be complaining - a second, third, fourth etc... I'm happy to pay, split or pay for my own meal.

1|0
    0|2
  • I'm not going to pay for you to date me , and I won't allow you to pay for me to date you , pay your own. ... ill pay for myself as well.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes